• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Bragg CUCV pick up help

citizensoldier

I am trying to get a M1008 CUCV picked up at Ft Bragg and stored until monday Feb 25th for a pick up and drive to Wisconsin. I will be headed home from the Fl Rally on that day and am not sure I could make a GL pick up schedule, plus I will be at the Fl Rally having some fun all week.. This truck looks good and will probably run but you never know for sure.. PM me if you think you can help..

CGarbee

They'll schedule a loadout in the afternoon, but they stop answering the phones at 2:00PM, and they really don't want to load after then either...

They'd also prefer not to loadout on Tuesdays since they have to send at least one person over to Goldsboro (Seymour Johnson) to handle stuff down there and get shorthanded at Bragg.

I'll be down at Bragg in the morning pickup up this CUCV and some other stuff... I'll try to remember to take a couple of photos.

I'm down at Bragg at least twice a month and have found Eddie and the rest of the GL/DRMO crew to be great folks to work with.

Melvinitis

These guys are saving my butt. Thanks everyone for helping them out. CGarbee is getting my truck tomorrow and Citizen Soldier and Gymp are getting it Monday. Hope they are able to post pictures for you and me. Anxious to see what the baby looks like in 3rd party eyes, not those of GL.

Melvinitis

CGarbee got it no problem today. They GL actually loaded his other things in the back of my M1008, and it trailed just fine behind him on his return trip.

He tells me the truck is a sharp... it was with a guard aviation unit... he could not find a ding on it. Some scratches where the troop seats were removed, but that was about the only criticism he had of the outside. Re the interior, usual stuff, one tear on the seat, drivers side (knew about that) the driver's side top m-16 holder was removed, other wise sharp on the inside, even has the original floor mat.

Otherwise, everything there, good batteries, spare tire... only one of the installed tires had any cracks.

The engine... well CGarbee did not have time to turn it over yet. Hope that goes well this weekend.

I see this posting is giving me a promotion... hot dog, I am an NCO!

citizensoldier

It turned out that all the fluids were drained from this truck. This along with some bad weather through the Ohio valley, my truck loaded to the max ,and my mom with a trailer in tow following us we aborted the mission. I arrived home at 5 am today and am not sure when I can go after it. It also sounds like this truck is in Garbee's way so if anyone has a idea let me know. Also if someone is close that can give it a safe spot to sit so its out of Cabells way that would help too. After hearing about the drained fluids a concensis of 4 OD heads figured this truck should be trailered home. Sorry Jack but I will keep working on it for you. Anybody having stuff trucked out of Ft Bragg to the north country?

Melvinitis

Following up on Citizensoldier's post, moving it from CGarbee's (Raliegh) any further North would be appreicated... to Ohio, IN, PA, IL... all of those would work. Again, thanks to CGarbee and Citizensoldier for their help, insight and willingness help.

Melvinitis

HELP!!! I have had two trucking companies back out on me the day of... must have found more prohitable loads. If anyone can get this truck North a little, I will be for ever in your debt. Ohio, IN, IL, WI anything like that would be great.

CGarbee

Well, this truck left the house at lunchtime today... Had a rollback pick it up and haul it a mile to a shopping center where we stuffed it into the back of a 53' refeer backhualing to Wisconsin... No photos of the CUCV getting loaded as I was too busy helping to shove it off the rollback and into the box, and it was raining...

Hope that it makes the trip home ok and that it doesn't take much to get it running.

citizensoldier

Man what a battle with this one! I talked with two other truckers about this truck. Gave them all of Jacks info and nothing.. He will be real glad to get it home..
Thanks for all your hard work Cabell..
Jack! If you read this you better take some pictures of this being unloaded! LOL..

Melvinitis

I hope to God I can get photos of it. I will ask the dispatcher to take photos if i am not able to get there. It is suppose to be here Thrusday night. I will take lots of photos. Cabell swears not a spot of rust and otherwise mint condition. I sure hope so. Price was right if it turns out that way!

First thing I asked Cabell when he told me he took some photos was I have to see photos of it stuffed in a van. Cabell told me the truck driver called a few minutes out and as they talked about it, they were trying to figure out how two king sized men were going to get in and out of the cab. Well they figured it out.

Will be interesting to see how much damage is done to the van. The dispatcher knew what he was picking up and sent the driver and the trailer of his chosing. the company has flatbeds... but who am I to judge... I will not have to worry about bugs on my window!

citizensoldier

What a battle! I am starting to think this truck is cursed. You will probably slap some batteries, fluids and fuel in it and she fires right up! Might be worth the wait. I am pulling for you on this one. Hey! You got my heater yet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks