• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

House keeping and thread locks..

tamangel

Seeing that the thread ( 'Its a shame' ) was locked FINALLY after 14 non-vehicle rated messages ( I susppose my last post was the 'straw that broke....)
I agree w/ the policy guidelines as listed:
"This is the place for any political discussions related to the military vehicle hobby. No party bashing or rude behavior, please!"
and
"Politics related to the MV hobby" means things like surplus being curtailed, discontinuation of SF-97 issuing, restriction of licensing (like the recent event in Wisconsin), etc."

Glad to see enforcement of these policies. Seems that a few postings are allowed on, off subject matters, but when threads go on for a while and someone finally complains or a opposite point of view is expressed, then they are shut down.....

Must be difficult to enforce as I see jabs and snips at different political ideas regularly. I for one, am not interested in politics not related to MV's, at least not on this forum.

Please don't take this as a criticism of the moderators or the forum in general. I think the info traded on these forums is the greatest for the hobby which is why I enjoy this group alot. Can't get that feeling of wanting to help and genuine interest many places.

Just one suggestion, I don't know how close the moderators follow each posting but would there be away to 'blue pencil' (remove) just the specific off topic posts w/in a thread (or maybe the whole thread on occausion) , maybe inserting a generic statement like 'posting removed due to non MV hobby content', or something like that..? I think it might go a long way to keeping the forum on tract and also keep everyone happy...I have no problem w/ editing...

Just a thought, keep up the good work..

Mike

hope this isn't the first one to be removed due to my suggestions :)

mangus580

tamangel said:
I don't know how close the moderators follow each posting
Thats exactly why some make it for a while. We Mod's cant read every single posting, and sometimes things sneak through.

I took the Title of that to be along the lines of some truck got scrapped, and didnt bother to read it.... until yestarday. At that point given the other 'locked thread' comments and such I deemed it best to wait until something was said about it.

Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks