• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few more add-ons for a super sweet ride.

Desert Rat

Yep I'm at it again! Thanks soooooooo much Ken for the windshield washer pump. BTW, could I somehow sweet-talk you into helping me create a stainless steel washer tank to replace the plastic one I have? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeee! I'll be happy to buy the stainless! Plus another BIG thank you to Ken again for my new map holder. I LOVE it! It's so way cool! Plus I decided since it can get rather warm in Houston I bought some wire mesh to fill a hole left by donating my city horn to (guess who....., yep) Ken and his worthwhile truck to help get her legal too. I was going to use a piece of sheetmetal I bought but now have other plans for it.

Besides getting ready to send OD C. his truck club I still have two left over clubs for $35 + shipping still in the package ready to ship for the first two people sending in their request.

Along the way back here from Houston I broke a hood latch. Well, after cutting my knuckles several times (along with a few colorful superlatives now deleted) I decided to swap bolts and bolt heads to more standard ones that are now much easier to work with.

I'm still working on some other small projects before leaving for Houston again. I'll post pics as I complete the work.

Desert Rat

Dang Kenny! No wonder you're on the force! I tried to sneak that one by you. No can do! Believe me it's a nice option to have on a road trip. I installed that about a year or so ago. BTW, since you mentioned that the "arm rest" pic has quite a few more hits on it now. I bought it from one of the Pilot truck stops at exit 25 on I-64 in Indiana for $9. I'm surprised you didn't mention my CB radio with headset in the pic second from the left too or my map light on the dash.

Dieselsmoke

Reminds me of one of the deuces I had with that swiveling drink holder, think it was called a Bar Buoy or something like that, swiveled in all directions so your drink would stay upright and not spill. Quite handy but chrome don't go in a deuce.

SolarPowered

Dieselsmoke said:
Reminds me of one of the deuces I had with that swiveling drink holder, think it was called a Bar Buoy or something like that, swiveled in all directions so your drink would stay upright and not spill. Quite handy but chrome don't go in a deuce.
Funny you mention drink holders, I installed a caddie buoy (that's what they call them now) in the deuce last weekend.
Pulled off the cheesy plastic logo they come with and painted it OD . Looks OK but, shakes "to & fro" violently off-roading.
Sloshes my soda all over, so it get's a thumbs down on being a useful addition.

Now, the Hella 24V cig lighter I got off ebay works great and is handy if you smoke.

Desert Rat

SP,
I don't smoke. Quit about 19 years ago. However, I have a multiple lighter socket to plug other things into. It works great for my windshield fan in the heat of Houston. All that will be remedied with a Thermo King A/C unit to be installed at a later time. Ken is going to do the same so hopefully we might get a "volume" discount. I'll definitely have pics on that project for all to see.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My interior has 2 non stock items, a car seat for the rug rat and that dang dome light out of a piece of armor. The car seat is a necessity, the dome light is just plain practical. I used to keep one of those LED headlights in the cab but with the addition of this domelight, its not needed as much. My next endeavor is to make a drink holder. I have a donut magnet from a magnet mount roof light that I'll glue to a PVC cap with a small section of pipe. I'm still working on my laptop mount for the Panasonic Toughbook. That mount will also have a drink holder.

SolarPowered

Desert Rat said:
How well to those gimbled holders handle a shock like a pothole and such?
I suppose a pothole would be no big deal. I live pretty far from any pavement and the deuce hasn't seen a real smooth road in over a year. The problem for me is when driving off-road, you sometimes get a bump rithem that get's the holder swinging pretty hard. The side to side swing isn't the problem, It's the front to back that sends the soda flying. I mounted mine under the start button on a piece of aluminum angle. I might try finding a little shock absorber off a R/C car to keep the swinging in check. Or find another spot to mount it where it can't swing around as much.
One of those clip on the lower side window ones (drink holders) they sell at truck stops would work fine for street use.

I'll try to post a picture sometime this week of the holder.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A clock is a good thing. This is a "Russian tank clock" according to the ebay description. It runs 5 days on a wind-up and is very accurate. Cost less than $20 plus shipping.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, a holesaw did the job, 60 mm (2-3/8" dia). The clock is removable for winding and setting. Push in on the ring and turn counterclockwise for wind-up, pull out on the ring and turn to set time. I suppose you can do it with the clock permanently attached with the ring free from the dash, but the clock comes without any mounting accessories so I left it loose for now. With hose clamps and angle brackets it could be screwed to the dash.

As far as availablity, DR, just check ebay for "Russian tank clock" or something to that effect. It glows in the dark, so it's probably a radiation hazzard. :)

MVtrucker

Okay on the hole saw. I have small ones. I wasn't sure if you used a saw or some other method. I've seen various ways, like draw a circle and drill holes all the way around, then snip it out and clean with a file.
When I opened the pic it was real big at first and I noticed the deep scratches, making me think that you didn't use a saw.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks