• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-16 Starter and associated parts installation

Boatcarpenter

Does anyone have the complete instructions(including wiring diagram, etc.) for installing a starter, slave cable recpt.,starter switch and so forth on a 3KW gas generator. TM's I have only have rather vague pics.
Thanks,
BC

Boatcarpenter

ACE, I have the starter,slave receptacle and mounting bracket already but no starter switch. I can get a switch but I'm not sure where the starter switch gets it's power and where it goes to. The small terminal on the end of the solenoid seems to be Neg. based on some continuity testing I did. I thought it should be Pos. to jazz the solenoid. That has me somewhat confused, which is not too unusual :? l
BC

ida34

My ford tractor has a negative trigger solenoid. Western snowplow systems use them to to activate the pump motor. They get the + from one side of the solenoid and the negative input trips the solenoid. This may be a similar arrangement.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prentice, I'll see of I can drag out the 016 I have tomorrow and confirm the wiring.

JB

Bumping this up. I have a starter, slave port, and a starter button. Any help on mounting starter would help. Looks like it will require almost a complete disassembly of the gen. to fit up in there.:shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks