• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

really OLD NOS headlights -good for backup lights??

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got off my butt and did some more work on the truck. I can't see too good, and have always needed backup lights. I backed over a nissan pickup once in the dark because I couldn't see it, and it cost alot of $ to fix.

After putting these on, I realized how pristinely NOS they are, and wonder what they might supposed to fit. Should they be on something that is properly restored? Or, should they become part of the filthy old wh*r3? Take a look anyway. I still need to pull them back off and straighten some brackets up and run the wires.

This is on the box and DRMO papers.

stock# is 6220-00-848-1561

944-016 headlight 1 each

$26.90 each (back whenever that was)

aceptance date

document date
time

I don't have them hooked up yet but I tested them with a power supply. Draw is 3 amps at 27VDC -about 81 watts each. Mounting stud fits 1/2" hole.

If these should be on someone's perfect project, I'd trade (you pay shipping) for a set of 24V 70 watt (or higher) floodlights (not spotlights..), must be American made, sealed beam, not the cheapie little chromed reflector-with-cheap-phillips-head-attached-halogen-bulb kind from the auto parts store. I have two 12-volt sets of those to get rid of already. Or make offer so I can implement a very bright backup light solution such as is in place here.

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good!! I just didn't want to waste a set of experimental WWII halftrack lights or something. These have a nice rectangular beam. They were among the many many buried items at Nortex. The 5000 sq. ft. building was piled from floor to ceiling with defunct electronics equipment, with only narrow and treacherous aisles where teetering, loosely interlocked stacks of rackmount and cased gear was stacked in front of shelves full of more of the same till only a 18" path remained. Some brave souls would climb this gear to to the 10FT rafters and find a prize at the top. Or to find a piece of junk.. Once we found a hipot tester full of PCB oil, the hard way. It is amazing we found no mummified remains of long-forgotten customers trapped under collapsed stacks. The only thing that remains of that 5000 square ft pile is a rather wierd video:
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/nortex/obwt/nortex_other.html

badgmc56

I like the way they look and the way you mounted them. Was thinking about rear lights for my deuce . Awful dark back there without any lighting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks