• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing home the Deuce

muddog

Muddog here. Waiting to hear from GL on my EUCs.Bought the M35A2W/W from Richmon Va. and got my M818W/W from Smyrna, Tn. I'm going to have the 818 shipped home,but I want to try to drive the duece back to SC about 350 miles. If any body could tell me what I need to check on the truck and do to get it ready for the trip home would be appreciated. Also what group size battery is a good replacement. Will keep reading all the topics real educational thank you all. Also better tell ya'll never a duece before. Keep The Sunny Side Up! Muddog

littlebob

RE: Bringing home the Duece

Muddog,

Good luck on your adventure. If you check out the search feature You can find check lists on what you need to bring, check ETC. If I wasen't a few minutes from bedtime I would find and post a link. As far as the batteries go I will crank and run with any to 12V batteries, but it would be better with the same type and amperage. I got mine the few miles home with two different size batteries and now have the 6TL's installed. I got mine from Wholesale Battery her in town.To get the rght batteries try and check the battery People close to a base. Most of the people around here would have to order them.
littlebob

Blythewoodjoe

Where are you located in SC? You can get some blem 6TL's in Columbia real cheap. PM if need to know about the batteries. The big things are air in the tires (take some hoses and a few adapters, the truck has air), coolant, oil, GL1 (available in Home Depot, believe it or not), silicone brake fluid and lots of hand tools. Don't be in a hurry either. I have driven a M35 500 miles in one day and that was a chore. Plan to stop often and check the truck over for hot hubs and leaks. Don't forget the hearing protection and gold bond powder :wink:

drthunder33

I've got just over 500 miles in 1 day bringing mine home and 1 piece of advice I'll add is to bring a seat cusion unless you have a spring seat. Pain in the @$$! I also picked up some window cleaner and a roll of paper towels for the windows and mirrors.

Good luck and take pics!

beaubeau

If U bought a Deuce in Richmond, they should be ready to Go! Be sure to check all fluids, If the batts are low, U can pullstart and those Bats should take a charge in 45mins. or u can disconnect them from each other and Jump charge each with Cables from Ur vehicle.One at a time is 12volts. Just takes longer. The only problem I had driving mine home was I lost the Fan belts. I guess they were too old.
Be sure tire preasure is up and just enjoy the experience. Good Luck, Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks