• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identify a starter...need to sell it

Mike_Pop

I picked up an electric winch at an auction a while back and the motor is a 24v starter motor. I only needed the cable and reel. Mybe someone has a need for the starter. the only problem is, I don't know what the application is for. A sprocket is on the end of the starter to drive the chain for the winch. Here are some pics...

Attachments

jkrieg

Based on the mounting ring of your starter, it appears to be for one of the radial-type aircraft engines. It is similar to the starter on the engines I looked at this morning for the M3 stuart tank, however the tank starters have an auxiliary gear housing on their starters which allow you to manually crank the engine over to release any fuel trapped in the lower cylinders, eliminating hydrostatic lock prior to starting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks