• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mite electrical woes

Mike_Pop

I'm trying to fix a bunch of electrical stuff that isn't working on my Mite. Just a few questions:

1. Where is the circuit breaker for the horn? The book shows one but I can't find it. Is it in the steering column? I put a new, working horn on but still no beep beep.

2. Where is the fuel sending unit? Do I have to drop the tank to get to it?

3. Brake lights: is it common for the switch to go bad?

Thanks!

DSD277

Mike
the CB is an automatic type. Self resetting.
Never had any trouble with the fuel gauge, so don't know.
my stop lamp switch was bad. Old brake fluid had it gunked up. CJ 5 one was a direct fit.
Dave Dunn

Mike_Pop

Thanks for the info Dave. I've got the manuals and have tracked down wires. Everything is geting power so it is just a matter of replacing components now. That's why I wanted to know where the fuel sending unit was. I didn't see any wires going to the tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks