• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For you Cadillac fans

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool! You can see the resemblance to the older V-100 Commandos of the Vietnam era. Are these models known as "Dragoons"? Or are they something different?

Marines42

Re: RE: For you Cadillac fans

maddawg308 said:
Very cool! You can see the resemblance to the older V-100 Commandos of the Vietnam era. Are these models known as "Dragoons"? Or are they something different?

Not sure of the model designation but I do know it is a Caddy as I looked at the data plates. I just can't remember the number designation. The Army calls it the ASV for Armored Security Vehicle. It makes quite an imposing sight mixed in with the Humvees. As you can probably tell from my clothes, I am a civilian contractor working with the Army. I got out of the Marines in March of 2007 after 12 years.

TacticalTruck

RE: Re: RE: For you Cadillac fans

Textron bought Caddillac-Gage (not related to General Motors) a few years back and moved everything from Coco Beach to Louisianna. They were after Cad-Gages turret designs and ignored the armored vehicles and also tossed alot of good stuff in the move. Along came the war in Iraq and the profit potential for wheeled armor and suprise suprise they got back into it. Dragoons were built by AV Technologies which was started by some disgruntiled Cad-Gage engineers.
Jeff

beaubeau

RE: Re: RE: For you Cadillac fans

This sure is a different view of Afghanistan than what the News Media shows! Where is your Helmet, Flack Jacket , rifle and sun glasses!!?? Nice looking Shack in the background! In that your Hooch?? Actually the sceneri looks beautiful on the pic! Phil

Marines42

Re: RE: Re: RE: For you Cadillac fans

beaubeau said:
This sure is a different view of Afghanistan than what the News Media shows! Where is your Helmet, Flack Jacket , rifle and sun glasses!!?? Nice looking Shack in the background! In that your Hooch?? Actually the sceneri looks beautiful on the pic! Phil

Everything is different than what the news media shows. According to the media this country could fall at any second. Total BS. The Taliban are scattered to the winds and are all but finished. They just won't admit it. As for flak and rifle, they are sitting behind the turret. Never wear a helmet. It gets to 133-140 degrees here. You can wear yours all the time when you come here if you feel like it haha.

Marines42

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: For you Cadillac fans

The terrain and climate here is more like Nevada than anywhere else. The only difference is there is humidity to go with the scorching summer temps. The building in the background is the Dara Noor district police center which we got attacked at 1 month after this picture. The roof got blown off of the place but we all made it through the night in one piece and shot the shit out of the Taliban. I will post a few pictures of that later.

tacticalsquirrel

ASV Use in A-Stan

What kind of use are the ASV's getting in Afghanistan? I am a member of a NG MP unit adn we have ASV's and are headed to Afghan land later this year/early next year and we haven't heard if we're taking the trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks