• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with m880 dimensions for scale r/c project

Jaynen

This may be a bit of an odd request but. I love these trucks. The 75-77 D/W series and the military variant the M880 are my favorite old 70's truck. I just think that the rounded sides to the fender and the whole truck gives off this muscular vibe to it. I have recently gotten hooked on the radio control rock crawler hobby, specifically what are called "scalers" which are 1/10th scale usually versions of 1:1 trucks setup for scale off roading.

Much to my dismay no one, and I mean no one seems to have ever made a model or body of this truck. This means if I want it bad enough I am going to have to attempt to build it from scratch, but I really don't want to do that without having proper dimensions off the real thing so I can do it right.

I have googled myself to death and can't find any dimension type schematics anywhere. I need basic things like overall length, wheelbase, track width, overall width, roof height. But also more detailed information like how large the roof actually is, how long the doors are etc so I can attempt to replicate it.

If any of you know where I might find this information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you - Jason

Jaynen

Im having trouble finding the manuals section. Although I did see the modelers section maybe this should have been posted over there.

Edit: I was looking on the forums not under resources thanks.

Edit2: Can't seem to find the one on the M880 the transportability guidance one on the CUCV covers the chevy's and has a lot of what I need.

chevycrew

You can also find any local dodge pickup, std cab longbed, from 1972 up to 1993 for dimensions, photos etc, they are all the same.

Head over to a used car lot and break out the camera and tape measure.

Jaynen

Ive been looking :) you'd think you could see more of them in LA but no one seems to have one around for me to take my camera and tape measure to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks