• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission linkage adjusting tools?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have the tools to adjust the transmission linkage on the M211/M135 that I could a) buy, or b) borrow? If I can borrow them from someone, I will send your shipping cost back to you when I return them.

I am talking about the piece of square, solid bar that is used as the gauge for adjusting the length of the linkage and the other tool to bend the arm one way or the other (if needed).

Thanks!

Desert Rat

CUCVFAN,
In order to see if borrowing is feasable please ammend your signature to include the city and state you live in. Who knows, maybe someone can help with some elbow grease too.

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Desert Rat said:
CUCVFAN,
In order to see if borrowing is feasable please ammend your signature to include the city and state you live in. Who knows, maybe someone can help with some elbow grease too.
Hmmm.... Well, I thought the location I entered in my personal profile would show up to the left as it does on other forums, but I guess I never really looked. There doesn't seem to be an option to make it show up, either.

Anyway, for purposes of borrowing these tools, location isn't really critical. I'll pay someone's shipping costs to send me the tools I'll ship them back if they are far away.

Elbow grease is always welcome! Of course, my problem is I can hardly get time to work on anything myself... :sad:

butch atkins

i called memphis equipment about the same thing some time back,talked to to tranny mechanic,he said they have not seen one of these tools and that all they do is exactly as tm9-8024 says to adjust tranny and just leave out this step read thru the manual and you can see that it is a fairly simple procedureto do just very time consuming,my 70 yr old mom helped me with mine,have put 33000 miles on my tranny using non detergent 30w oil,also asked about5 usig oil or dexron,was told that using oil seeemed to help cushion the shock of the 2-3 shift because tranny shift s from bands to clutches in the 2-3 shift hope this helps im sure it will start the age old controversy of usig dexron or 30w nd oil,the most important thing about adjusting tranny is to follow the tm exactly as it says,by the way my truck had dexron in it when i got it and would sometimes miss 3rd gear and go from 2nd to 4th at part throttle operation,2-3 shift was extremely hard,changing to oil made about a 25% reduction in these problems, good luck

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Butch! We have not gone through the adjusting procedures yet, figuring we would try to get the tools first, but we will run through them and see if it helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks