• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need items to complete two Vic-1 installations.

ida34

Well I got a bunch of stuff from Medlog. I have am-1780 amps and three control stations each. Looking it over I need three cx-4723 cables. One for each box and a fourth to connect the am-1780 to the MT1029 mount for my radio installation. Since I have two setups that would make it 8 cx-4723 cables. I also want to get two mx-7777 or 7778 units along with the cable cx-13089 to pull power from the MX7777 and run it to the Mt1029. If I am connecting the am-1780 then I do not need to connect a power cable to the connector J508 on the amplifier. The amp gets the power from teh cx-4723 connected to the mt-1029. Am I correct in this statement? I figured I already have the power cables for my MT-1029 units and they should work for the input cable for the Mx7777. Is this correct?

Having all this in mind, I checked the prices with Fair radio. They want $14.50 for 4 foot cx-4723, $12 for CX-13089 cables, and $25.95 for an MX7777. Does anyone on SS have them cheaper for me or should I just get them from Fair Radio. Below are the totals I think I need.

cx-4723 8ea
cx-13089 2ea
mx-7777 2ea.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ida34 said:
.......If I am connecting the am-1780 then I do not need to connect a power cable to the connector J508 on the amplifier. The amp gets the power from teh cx-4723 connected to the mt-1029. Am I correct in this statement? I figured I already have the power cables for my MT-1029 units and they should work for the input cable for the Mx7777. Is this correct?......
That's the way I have mine hooked up using the MT-1029 and the MX unit, so I'd say it's correct.
Check the ground straps for the radio mount and also the MX-7777 for good connections.

Get everything from Fair Radio if they have it, I may have paid less, but I spent a year collecting parts for good bargains.

ida34

RE: Re: Need items to complete two Vic-1 installations.

I had someone speak up that may be able to get them. I would rather line the pockets of a fellow SS member. I do like Fair Radio. I visited there last summer. Neat place. Thanks for the input Bjorn. I looked over the documentation I downloaded and previous posts but I just wanted someone to double check my "math".

Thanks
Chuck

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Chuck, we have a member in Winchester Ky that does ALOT of radio stuff. We stopped in to see him on the way to the Fl rally. GREAT guy, Tbanks is his user I.D. I think.

ida34

Ok I am all set except for two CX-10613/G cables. They are the input power cables for the Mx-7777. I have been told that it is the same cable that powers the GRC-106 radio. I have high bid on one on ebay but still need another one Haney is a no go and I have an email in to Murphy's. Anyone else have one or a line on one. I saw the Murphy's place has MK-48 cabs for as low as $89. That seems below scrap value. Any help on finding my cables would be greatly appreciated.

Boatcarpenter

ida34, You can get a 7777-4p 4pin female connector from Fair Radio Sales and make them up. Someone gave me a box of cables and one was a CX-4720 with one connector cut off. I swapped the connector on the other end for a 7777-4p, paired the wires on the other end for my battery hookup and it works fine.
BC

ida34

I saw the connectors at Fair. They do not have cables. As a last resort I will try to make one with the ends they have. Thanks for the input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks