• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mod five tonner rims

stagehc

I know this thread has been started but....

just for the record, can you slice out the center of 2.5 tonne rim and weld it into a 5 tonner super-single and then hack out the superflous middle section?

cheers from over here,

cole

40grit

I had looked at water-jetting a center plate, with the 5 ton beadlock patterna and the 2.5 stud pattern, sandwich that between the 2 halves and bolt down, cut off the 5 ton pattern and you have some 2.5 ton rims, I had planned on 1/2 plate, widens the rim to 10.5" but no welding or chance of warpage..I'd try this with the older rims that had a bunch of bolts, not the newer ones that have 1/2 what the others did...somewhere spicer has pictures of the rims I was looking at...

stagehc

Looks Like I wont need to go through all the drama. Here is a pic of a stock 2.5 tonne rim with a 395/85 XML stuffed on it. I was always taught you could use a narrower rim, but not a wider one.

Cheers from over here!

Cole

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks