• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

which black to order

pedrodepacas

i was wondering which color black you guys use, flat black or semi-gloss black, what primer do you guys use from gillespies? i want to use a primer that is applies well if you just want to scuff the existing paint up and shoot the carc substitutes over it. also, would the carc resemblence come out better with the red oxide? as i see thats what most of you guys use? thanks. i wanna order this asap

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Pedro, welcome to the site.

I used flat black on my wheels. I haven't used rhe Gillespie primer, so I can't say anything about that.

A lot of guys here have used Gillespie, someone is sure to chime in shortly.

pedrodepacas

thanks, the deuce on your photobucket is exactly the color i was looking for, i just completed my order through rapco with the following; 34094 383 Green (CARC), 30051 383 Brown (CARC), 911 Flat Black,
and 111 Red Oxide Zinc Phosphate Primer. im also looking into using hardener for the top coats. any recommendations? and anything else i might need?

CGarbee

I use Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer under Gillespie... I've also used the clean metal primer over paint/clean metal and like the results as well. I should also mention that I like to use the same primer for the whole vehicle if I can so if I start with one (rusty which is red, or clean metal which is gray), I'll use it throughout as it does effect that final color somewhat and I don't want variations from one piece to the next...

For an extended take on my painting habits, look at my website's paint page...
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/paint.htm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks