• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headed to Morocco

M1075

Re: RE: Headed to Morocco

54reo said:
Why Morocco?
Morocco is a major recipient of the foreign military sales program. Google Morocco Foreign Military Sales and you will find a long list of stuff sent to them.

Melvinitis

I have no idea, that is what I was told when I asked when they would be coming up on GL... maybe this will help some exporters of parts keep in bussiness a little longer :x

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get back at them for taking our trucks. Get behind the wheel of each one and smear bacon all over the steering wheel.

patch

Well, when I got my truck from GL in 2004 I was eyeing some nice looking deuces on the side of the lot, 15-20 of 'em. The GL guy said those are going to Morocco. Ive heard the same thing in previous posts too. So whats the deal, is this just the standard line of BS that GL uses on us, or are all these trucks really going to Morocco? What the heck are they doing with them all??

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd still say there is a slight chance that these trucks will come up. There were a number of M818s, M813s and M35s at Letterkenny that were marked...HOLD - MOROCCO. Those trucks sat there for several years and eventually at least some of them came up at auction.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I know when I was in Barcelona the local Spanish people had bad feelings for the Moroccans because they brought drugs into their country, stole things and every day on the highway southbound you would see cars packed full and piled high on top. My friends told me these are mostly Moroccans headed to the port to take the loot to thier homeland.

tamangel

guess those Morocco folks must have made a preemptive strike on DRMO to get those trucks re-directed to them..missed that one..Talk to your buddy Bush and his compats re: authorizing said transfer.

check out DOS web site for Morocco:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/5431.htm

scroll down to FOREIGN RELATIONS

and U.S.-MOROCCAN RELATIONS
interesting fact: "Morocco was the first country to seek diplomatic relations with the Government of the United States in 1777, and remains one of our oldest and closest allies in the region."

Seems we used to have naval and Air Forces bases in Morocco at one time.. Anyone stationed there?

I spent a month in Morocco last year, great folks, beautiful country and culture..got a little tired of Tagine though..:)

there are thieves and 'adam-henrys' everywhere, even in the USA!

Mike

Mike

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a truck from GL that was a return from Morocco . It still had a first aid kit in it from Morocco. So some of the trucks do make it back.

tamangel

wonder why we get them back..was it a trade-in? Maybe they had a 30 day, money back guarantee..? Wonder who foots the bill for transport..? Did you ask, by chance, how come it came back..?

No tagine smell :), on 2nd thought maybe since its a multi-fuel....

Mike

jeli

I just got my M1 from CMP. Haven't got to shoot it yet but it looks real nice. I'm a bit torn about the new CMP stock it came with. Part of me like the new wood and another would have liked an original even in poor condition.

deuceman51

I have 2 M1 Garands and 2 M1 Carbines from the CMP and I don't have a bad thing to say about them. The CMP is a great deal and if I had more money laying around I would be stocking up on more rifles. Rack and Service sometimes look almost identical to me.

Melvinitis

I got a CMP Garand in Dec and just got my Carbine. Between the CMP and GL, I feel like the only thing I buy is army surplus from army garage sales! I should get a tax break for all the money is am giving at these garage sales!

Should we start a seperate thread to share photos of our CMP hauls?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks