• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Windshield Glass Rubber Removal

Barrman

I have new rubber moulding to go around each front windshield glass. But, how do I get the old stuff out and the new stuff in without tearing the new stuff up?

Thanks.

pa.rich

Yes I did this and it was a tight fit. I took the strip and couldnt slide it in but mine was the old piece but anyway, what I ended up doing was tip one side in and take a dull 1" puttym knife and press the other side in a half inch at a time. Because the channel it goes in is sometimes rusty, it wont slide in so that was the only way I could get them in .But its slow and tedious and your hand may get sore, but it worked for me. I had taken mine out to sand , prime and paint, but I should have left it in. Same with the glass replacement, the moisture gets in there and it was very rusty. I couldnt find new for the M211 so back in went the old pieces. Oh yeah, restoration is fun but rust is the biggest enemy. Park em under cover if you can! And dont start at one end, mark the exact middle and work out each direction or when you get to the end you can be way off one way or the other. Check as you go along cause it wont move after its in there very easily. :wink: To remove the old one, I clamped a vise grip on it and pulled it out with that just to get it started, then goes easy after that. :p

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will NEVER slide into the frames. Have to center and work outward.

Barrman

I used a carpet knife and a putty knife to get all the old rubber off last night. So, that part of the process is done. Colton has an activity every evening the rest of this week and an awards thing all day Saturday. So, it will be Sunday before I get to sand and paint if the weather is ok for that. So, figure some time next week before I actually get to putting the new seals from AB Linn into the frames.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks