• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bkwudzhom

hey guys-new to the site and looking for a cucv type truck. Ifound a M880 for $800 supposed to be 53,00 origional on the clock. Its missing the tailgate,battery and has no fuel in in but it is supposed to be "a good runner". I am not familar with dodges at all. What should I be wary of?
thanks
bk

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At $800 if it's not rusted out, go for it. as a solid body is worth that much alone

No battery and no gas could mean it is not a good runner. but a battery and a can of gas could easily verify that.
Manual steering boxes are usually worn out by 50k

The advantage of the Dodge is that all of the maintenence / repair parts can be bought at your local parts store as a W200. and as such adding AC should be a breeze.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M880s are not very popular with the masses, but, those that have them, love them! I think $800 is cheap if it is straight and it will run.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: newbie

bkwudzhom said:
Thanks-one more thing- can I crank it with the Ignition switch missing? if so how?
Not enough info, perhaps just a screwdriver where the key was, or run a power wire from battery to the coil for spark, and another to the starter relay on the drivers fender well.

If you bring the fuel & battery, don't put the fuel in the tank, bring about 4 feet of 3/8 rubber fuel line and hook it to the fuel pump and just stick the other end in the can.

Sounds like the seller doesn't want anyone to see if it'll run before they buy it, but a 318 is real hard to break, and also cheap because of that.
Same goes for the 727 trans.

Or just go there with $400 in cash (Scrap value)

bkwudzhom

RE: Re: RE: newbie

The seller bought it from Govt auction.Iassumed that fuel had been drained. He did offer for me to hear it run.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks