• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M170 Willys Jeep DOD 03-54 VIN 10072

metexaco

This is the fifth M170 that I have owned. It is a really nice Jeep. I am waiting for summer to get here so I can try to restore it. She runs and drives great. I believe it is number 72 off the assembly line. Thought you might enjoy a quick look at her. If you would like to see more photos just click the link below.

http://vintagemilitarytrucks.com/M170 Willys Ambulance Jeep.htm

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It amazes me to see these things so old and yet so complete....all the top bows and such.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only mod I can see was to remove the rear pintle hitch and add a dropped bracket for a tow ball. Other than that, looks great!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
also,
Do your data plates indicate which service purchased it?
on the m170's you have owned, how many have the "marine corps" rear bumper/lift points?

metexaco

I never have had any to my knowledge that were USMC. At least I know they did not have the rear bumper like the USMC M38A1's. I will try to take some photos of the spare tire well sump area. It will probably be a few days or so.

blackdog

I'm restoring an M170 right now as well. Do you know where I could find a regulator to generator cable? It's got to be like 6 feet long or something....

rodmayo

i have two m170 jeeps one the data plate is stamped usmc this is mfr.ser.10161 i was always told that these were army ambulaces that the usmc got their hands on. this first jeep is a first year jeep and is stamed usmc . the other has all the usmc hardwear rear bumpper, lift hooks and has usmc rebuild tags on motor, trans,tranfer case, front and rear axels,and steering box. this jeep has no date of del. stamed on data plate just mrf.ser. 12110 i am making a "super 70" trail ride rig out of the first jeep,this jeeps life was over i didn't have the heart to cut it up. 4 months and a lot of work she probely looks beter than most. the second jeep is on its final leg of full restoration. i belive this to be usmc and that is what shes is about to get painted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks