• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

correct 1971 (deuce) wheel color?

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see many trucks with OD wheels that match the truck, and I've see a lot of trucks with black wheels.

I've searched threads. I've looked at many photos. I'm more confused.

What is the correct color? How do folks decide? What did the military do, and why?

(oooooo! THAT'S a wide-open question! "Military" and "why" in the same sentence?)

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
the trucks that were painted sg od from the factory had wheels of the same color.

Black wheels seem to have been popular witht the 3 color nato scheme.

HTH,
David

acetomatoco

They would have been originally 24087, semi gloss. But were often painted by the user to suit their moods. I painted red pin stripes on mine in 1965, and got gigged at inspection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks