• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectro or Overson Engineering for hubs?

Warren Lovell

Well I was hoping someone has had the new hubs on their truck and can tell us the REAL story...are they better than Selectro?

I was reading a comparison between Warn and Milemarker. The review said you had to be carefull when turning screws into aluminum housings.

They also said your hubs should come off and get repacked any time you ford water, regardless of the o-rings - so I don't see the one o-ring on the selectro as an issue.

Any opinions?

Warren

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warren i haven't purchased the ov style hubs yet but i will as soon as i can rase the $. As far as the selectro's go, The o-ring is the issue!!! it's useless!!! The hubs function great, but they might as well be open to the air!!

Blake

OV hubs are still in the works. I emailed randy over the weekend and he said couple more weeks before the finished product will be ready and ready to be shipped!

digger

Blake, please be sure to let us know if there's a release date on these. lookin for a few extra h.p,

digger

Blake

Randy OV emailed me on 31 May and this is what he said:

"<SPAN class=text12 id=msg_txt>blake, i will finish up the final machining this week and then they go
off
to the hard coaters for the 70 rockwell finish and then i can ship them
out
hoping by the end of next week. all other components are done so its
looking
good. i am very sorry for the inconvenience. sincerely, randy
ouverson--oem

<SPAN class=text12>

<SPAN class=text12>He is making 2 grades of these hubs:

<SPAN class=text12>BILLET 6061 T-6

<SPAN class=text12>

<SPAN class=text12>CASTED 356 TAKEN TO A T-6 CONDITION

<SPAN class=text12>

<SPAN class=text12>I think the casted ones are $650 and the billet ones are $<SPAN class=text12>750.

<SPAN class=text12>

<SPAN class=text12>I believe the billet ones are ready now but the casted ones are the ones on wait

<SPAN class=text12>

<SPAN class=text12>His company makes alot of aftermarket improvements for the rockwell axles such as heavy duty axles, lockers, and axle accessories and they all look good. I guess his big customers are the monster truck crowd that uses the rockwell axles in their rigs.

<SPAN class=text12>

<SPAN class=text12>Check out his website:

<SPAN class=text12>

<SPAN class=text12>www.ouversonengineering.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks