• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posting M151-A2 for my Father-In-Law He wants to sell/trade

chiefs_55

He has an old MUTT that is titled GN JP 1995. He tells me it is an M151-A2 with replica body steel. It also has a newer canvas top, and seats that are stored inside his shop. He also has 3 MUTT engines, Tranny/Gearboxes, and various dogbones, suspension components, etc. It has some floorboard rust but he told me that it was nothing, and that the body is pretty nice. Also it has the roll bars and the snorkels for intake and exhaust.

He will sell or trade for an M35 or nice Suburban/Tahoe

email at chiefs_55@yahoo.com

Attachments

chiefs_55

RE: Posting M151-A2 for my Father-In-Law He wants to sell/tr

Cleaned up MUTT today posting new "clean" pics tomorrow... Looking for a best offer $6300 with newer canvas and seats. Also have engines (3) trannys (3) axles (?) and other various MUTTery. All of the emails have been supportive. My Father-in-Law wants a Suburban, Tahoe, for family or an M35... (Basically either family cars or a diesel truck???)

Thanks, Shannon (for Mark)

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Is the roll bar/nerf bars around the fenders a military option? Never seen that.

chiefs_55

not sure if that is original or not... Will ask Mark...

Shannon

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have seen a couple M151s used to train drivers with those funky roll bars on it. They're not roll bars, more just to prevent dents and dings from drivers who get too aggressive with the jeep and bump into things. This may be that, not sure. The altered front bumper is throwing me off.

Blake

m151a2

The key is it is a replica body, none of it is original except the drivetrain/mechanicals.

It is like a kit car of one of those big 1930's touring cars--it looks like one but is not really one.

chiefs_55

Just spoke to Mark, my Father-in-law. He said that these are non-factory, non-military add-ons that he installed and can be easily removed. He put them on for safety on preservation. He, and his family really used these in the mud, and in the woods here in central florida.

chiefs_55

Just found out it is a Specialty Auto RE-M151-A2. These were funded and made by Karl King, who had the original CADed, redesigned with 12 guage steel and laser cut and mig welded rather than stamped. These are significantly stronger and more rigid, as well as easier to weld-repair. It is unfortunately not an original body, but a Specialty Auto RE-M151-A2.

Later after sinking over 1 mil into this idea cut his losses, with only making 200-300 of these, Mr King sold the rights to make these to Encore.

It is a great vehicle for someone not wanting to harm their original body but want a nice M151-A2 to run in parades, off and on-road, etc.

He also has a second mint Specialty Auto MUTT body, (3) original MUTT engines, Tranny and running gear for these, axles, canvas top, doors, misc parts...

He is willing to sell all of the MUTT repro and original stuff for 11000 USD. I will post pics online of cleaned up MUTT, with top, seats, and all other MUTT stuff if y'all wish...

Hope that this response helps answer questions...

Shannon (For Mark)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks