• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finished sheridan tank

Desert Rat

WOW! That's one really nice looking tank! I'm guessing your assistant has fun driving it to work and getting the parking spot she wants every time................ Smile, wink and then mow down the competition, eh? BTW, Just so I don't try to compete using my little Deuce, could you pretty please put your city and state in the signature box located in the control panel? Thanks! I really want to keep my baby in one piece too. No squishing my Deuce. But I'll race ya!

red devils dude

hey it's done I remember when you first asked what color to paint it :cool:
it looks like you went with the gloss OD or what not came out GREAT :freaked: :shocked: [thumbzup]

oifvet23

yea i went with a semi gloss believe it or not but its still pretty shiny..ill post some more of it soon..i have a couple of it runing thru a field :smilewinkgrin:

oifvet23

it wasnt meant to be a white wall but someone got the bright idea to go ahead and put turtle wax on the rubber to bring out the black not realizing it would get stuck in the cracks in the rubber..it will wear away in time....as for selling it..it is not mine..it belongs to a museum.

Opie

Let me ask an armor-related question. What's the purpose of the three large and one small round tubes mounted at the base of the turret and are angled forward and upward?

Okay, hang onto your seats, as my late grandfather wouldn't want me to pass up this opportunity... Tanks for your response!

oifvet23

opie,

well actually there are four of those tubes on each side of the turret, they are the smoke grenade launchers but were rarely used becuase they blew up easy when hit by small arms fire and would blow the turret right off the tank, so they werent used.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool tank, oifvet! Are there any in civilian hands...non-museum? What about M113s? I've run across a few of the old gassers, and I heard there was a guy in Canada with an M113A1.

oifvet23

as far as i know..there isnt any of these that are in working condition in private collection...but im probly wrong and is just fell under the radar...right know they (US GOV) are dump
ing these off the coast of new jersey for artificial reefs..we dont have any 113's at our museum but are looking for one to go with the sheridan becuase we were told they worked hand in hand in vietnam. [:)]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks