• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97s - just letting you know

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To anyone waiting for an SF97 to be approved and returned by GL, I just got off the phone with GL, since it is past 30 business days of my SF97s being in process. They told me that it will be at least another 30 business days, because they sold so many trucks recently, that there is a massive backlog and everyone is just going to have to wait a little while. The good news was that they agreed to waive the $60 processing fee for each of my four trucks as a bonus for my patience. They must have me confused with someone else, I'd much rather pay the $60 a truck and get them sooner, rather than develop patience which I don't have.

Man, you'd think that they would hire more folks to help out. Do they have one person processing these things? Remember the days pre-GL when you bought a truck/trailer and they handed you the SF97 the day you picked it up? I really miss those days.

Blake

form 97

They have had my form 97 for 30 days since confirmed receipt. Inquired on status and got this email. notice it says 15-30 WORKING DAYS more...

Dear Customer:

Thank you for your email. Because of a significant increase in vehicle sales volume, turnaround times to receive SF97s are longer than normal. We have made several adjustments to bring these turnaround times back to normal, including waiving eligible titling fees as a courtesy. However, this is a temporary adjustment and once the backlog has been cleared out, the fees will resume as stated in our Terms and Conditions. At this time your form has still not been processed. Please allow another 15-30 business days prior to receiving your documents.

We hope this information has been helpful; feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance and have a great day!

Warmest Regards,

Customer Service Department

Government Liquidation, LLC

DOD Surplus, LLC

15051 N. Kierland Blvd., Third Floor

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Phone: 480-367-1300

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: form 97

Robyn said that they have waived the SF97 fee...at least for now. I am not sure when they will reinstate it.

KaiserM109

Thanks for the info. I just sent one in and will drop 3 more on them now and another in 2 to 3 weeks when I pick up another trailer. I may be in trouble because I need the deuce on the road by May 1.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Recieved a Fedex this morning for my Sept 08 purchased 5 ton, and Dec 30, 2008 SF-97 request. [thumbzup]
82 days to process and $60 fee waived.
The package had a Gov. title & re-assignment of SF-97 letter.

Did anyone get clarification on how far back the purchase can be and still be able to apply for an SF-97?
I have 3 trailers from 06, and figured since WA will inspect and then issue title on home made trailers.
I would just get them inspected as modified and get new titles.
But if I can get them thru GL still that may be a better route since I am not rushed on time.

My 2cents

ida34

They did away with the 1 year requirement. I guess it is unlimited now. They have said that this contributed to the backlog. When they dropped the 1 year requirement they had a lot of applications for older purchases.

As to your SF 97 I would say they were pretty quick if they sent the docs before you even got the vehicle. Sept 08, Dec 08 ?

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanx for the SF-97 info ida34.

To bad the spell checker doesn't catch dates as well.
Being over-joyed to finally be able to drive your rig on the street, legally, can make a fella light headed and giddy.
I will just attribute it to being a symptom of green fever.

Melvinitis

RE: Re: RE: form 97

My conversation today.

Meredith: I see that we received your document on 3/4/08. It is currently being processed. Right now, average wait times are about 45-60 days.
Melvinitis: It is my understanding fees are being wiaved because of the wait.
Meredith: Because of a significant increase in vehicle sales volume, turnaround times to receive SF97s are longer than normal. We have made several adjustments to bring these turnaround times back to normal, including waiving eligible titing fees as a courtesy. However, this is a temporary adjustment and once the backlog has been cleared out, the fees will resume as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
Meredith: If your wait time goes over the 30 days, it will be waived.

Same as what everyone else is saying, just this was today's update.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: form 97

Melvinitis said:
My conversation today.

Meredith: I see that we received your document on 3/4/08. It is currently being processed. Right now, average wait times are about 45-60 days.
Melvinitis: It is my understanding fees are being wiaved because of the wait.
Meredith: Because of a significant increase in vehicle sales volume, turnaround times to receive SF97s are longer than normal. We have made several adjustments to bring these turnaround times back to normal, including waiving eligible titing fees as a courtesy. However, this is a temporary adjustment and once the backlog has been cleared out, the fees will resume as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
Meredith: If your wait time goes over the 30 days, it will be waived.

Same as what everyone else is saying, just this was today's update.
Wow,
you got something besides the boiler plate responses I have. I "chat" with GL once a week now, and get the same response, "I don't currently have any info on your SF97 request"

But I did get Meredith to acknowledge that it is "In Process".........YAY!!!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
60 day wait??? I have been waiting since January 4th and I was told it would be a few more weeks. That will make it about 80s by the time I get my SF97s. However, I like the waiving of the fees. For that, I'd wait a bit to get my paperwork. As they say, I've got more time than money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks