• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PLEASE READ: Rules of Engagement

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

This a fourm where we can openly exchange ideas, thoughts, comments, kudos and complaints about GL with GL. This fourm is the only one of its kind, and is GL's first attempt at opening lines of communication with a GL representative and it's hobbyist customer base.

Keep the following in mind when posting:

1. Our GL representative (Robyn, posting as USMilitarySurplus) is our link to GL, and she is an employee of GL, who works normal business hours. If you ask a question, she may need some time to research the answer and get back to you. Please allow sufficent time for her to get back to you. Do not post a question at 3AM and expect an answer 10 minutes later. It might take a few days before you get a repsonse. This is not her only job at GL.

2. While we understand that not everyone has "love" for GL, please be professional in your comments, use FACTS in your posts, and not "I heard it from a friend of a friend, so it must be true" type of hearsay.

3. DO NOT BE RUDE, or else your post will be edited. We want to place our best foot forward, please do not have us take steps backwards with your post, or make us as a hobby look like buffoons. BE PROFESSIONAL!!!!

4. Complaints and critisim to/about GL will not be edited, but tirades and the like will be. BE PROFESSIONAL!!!!

5. Suggestions to how better improve relations are welcome. While they may all not be able to be acted on, they will be considered.

6. Asking questions about specific events/lots will not be answered here. Our rep is a "Headquarters level" rep, and not a site level rep. Meaning: "Lot #123's decription says the truck wont start. Does that mean the batteries are low, or there is no fuel in the tank?" If you have questions about a lot go personally inspect it. Dont post questions here like that. They will be deleted.

7. The management of SS belives this can only help the hobby in their dealings with GL, and with the members help, it will. If a member is posting here only to bash GL, they will be dealt with on an individual basis.

8. Members, please keep this section as free as possible of banter between members back and forth. It's main purpose is to communicate with GL, not with ourselves. We want it to be a place where a member can offer a comment or question, the rep sees it, and responds. The less chatter we have between members of "yeah, what he said" and the like makes it easier for her to sift thru the posts and answer them. The other sections of the board are for member to member communication. If you have something helpful to add to the comment/suggestion, please do so.

If you can not abide by these guidelines, please do not post here. We want this to be a step forward, not back.

Any comments/questions about the above can be PMed to me, and will be responded to.

mlwats1@hotmail.com

I bought four ton of military clothing two years ago because my wife wanted to open a surplus store but our little girl got sick and the store idea was canx, now I have gl e-mailing me every other day wanting the lot that I bought to be returned at the same price I bought them for, I bought it for resale and profit but the kicker is they only pay fifty cents a mile one way to return anything because of the IRS rules like the IRS ship allot of heavy stuff. then they threatened me with the "DLA Criminal Investigation Activity" so I call this activity and they told me that I paid for the stuff it was mine to do what ever I wanted to do with it but the patriotic thing was to return it and negotiate shipping. I also called DRMS and they had never heard of any complaints about GL be real all I hear is complaining about GL. There are over ten items to return to GL and three hundred miles to drive them there I don’t see any problem with taking one item at a time in for the fifty cents a mile and every hour return one more item I have ten items to return comes out to over fifteen hundred for one trip to GL. For a demil code C item, where is the lethal part of a rain coat? GL needs to be realistic if they sold something they were not authorized to they need to go pick the item up and GL cost not the buyers, and shipper and threats of legal actions just make buyers belligerent. I have tried my best to not get mad over the GL rules of we’re right and your wrong attitude but they are pushing my buttons.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Mark we all need to remember that GL provides most of us with great deals and service. In the case of the return requirement, I would go to the search function and find out the process for challenging a DEMIL code.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have gotten some lots as the only bidder back a few years ago but that was when the SF97 was free and issued on site too. For a company that is totally supported by bidders they need to keep customer service and satisfaction as a high goal. I can only say that all the folks I have worked with at the local and customer service levels are outstanding and really helpful. The issue of changing DEMIL status is DLA and they need to grandfather US Citizens that have purchaced the items in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks