• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tag brackets

Michael

How are people mounting their tag?

I have about got my daily driver M1009 ready for the road but I haven't found a good place for the tag. While I was in Autozone, I was told that several people had been in recently buying tag light bulbs for their cars. Apparently the Mississippi Highway patrol had been on a kick writing tickets for no tag light. It was costing people about $150.00. I didn't see anything I liked at NAPA or Autozone.

For the M1010, I found a bracket that went behind the taillight. I don't remember where I bought it.

mangus580

Michael, when I got my M1009, the Forrestry Service had drilled 4 holes in the tailgate for 'zip' screws to hold the plate on. That is what I am using, and have a plate light that I will mount right above it (had it under a plate screw plugged into the trailer harness to pass inspection, took it off when I painted it.) A picture of the screw holes (before I painted) can be seen here.

mouse

i came up with one driving down the road,look at the back of mini vans or new suv .there is a molded light mount on them, it looks like a simple bolt on that can be painted to match,and would give a factory look.im just looking for a small one,most of them are long.

Michael

That is kind of what I had in mind but in a new aftermarket form and mounted were the Forrestry Service did. I can't seem to find one though.

mouse

i dont know where you would look for a after market one, bone yard for stock. i made a plate box so i can recess my plate back 1/2 inch out of 18g tin.then i will find a stock one

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks