• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Workin' on Kaylee today - starting to go from CJ3A to M-38C

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To those not familiar with why I'm calling it a M-38C, it's because when this jeep resto (or rather, refurb) is done, she will almost change over completely to a M-38 in terms of looks and how some mechanical parts function, hence a M38C (C for Clone).

A couple pics I took after working on the jeep for a few hours today. She got newer 7.00x16 NDT rubber, brand new wheels, a replacement tailgate (the gas can mount and spare tire mount will hopefully go on tomorrow), painted the inside of the tub, replaced a lot of the engine stuff (radiator hoses, belt, battery cable, oil lines), and started to paint from the back to front. I have to finish replacing the fenders (rusted out) and fine tune the fitting of the hood. The hood and fenders are repros, some of the early ones, and they don't fit 100%, I'm going to have to fit them a little by hand. The paint looks better than it is, it's just spray bombed, but it will do for now until I drop the new body tub on her in a couple months.

And yes, I am using the tree as a chock. The ebrake needs a little tuning and she kinda slowly inched downhill and is resting against the tree. Redneck engineering.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks