• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recoverd 2 trailers

heres a shot or 2 of the saturday recovery trip. found out that this Duece does not like to be flat towed. the 5 ton did'nt care but the Duece kept trying to be boss. did'nt work to well. we were planning to flat tow the Duece one way to save a little on fuel but the
duece did not want to go along peacefully. so we put it all back and drove them both before we pulled the front tires off the poor little bugger.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Friend here! ...LOL The little Sand Box killer did much better on this trip.. Notice the nice new big exhaust leeding to a turbo.. I could keep the trailer at 45 MPH and up this time..
We froze our but off pulling the drive shafts and hooking up the tow bar in a Wall Mart parking lot only to have the tan truck fight us on all accounts. Soooo we unhooked her and headed south. I even juiced them XL's up to 85lbs and they still just wanted to grab and not follow the M818. Anyone else had this issue with a deuce or XL tires? Not sure if it was the front end or the tires. Anyway we put in another 20 some hour day and got em home. Overall it was a good trip.

maxim

That did not take long for you superduper charge the Sand Sled....ar ar ar more power, more power...Did ya have to fiddle with the trailer light wires? You should be a professional tow-er by now...Sounded like a good trip 'cept for the deuce NOT wanting to follow. Learn something new everyday..Maxim

citizensoldier

FMJ said:
Hey Lane, what size are the XL's on the tan Deuce? 12.5R20's?

Ed
Yes FMJ.. I purchased them from Miltrucks last year and was waiting for the right truck to stick them on.. I think they look real nice and perform much better than the No Darn Traction tires. My plan is to single this truck out and have enough extra tires for a trailer and spares. I have only had the truck about two weeks so the turbo was a must after pulling the first M146 home at 40MPH and under... :( ..
I picked up two trucks from Wi and this little tan one kind of grew on me. So she will be all fixed up to parade ready by summer.. :D Now if I could only afford that gun ring and M2 she would look bad ass....
Dave picked up the second one for a grocery getter thats the camo pictured above..

citizensoldier

FMJ said:
Hey Lane, what size are the XL's on the tan Deuce? 12.5R20's?

Ed
12.5/20 is the tire size. A little bigger than 900's and and not as tall as the 1100's. They seem to have enough room between the doubles but I have not really loaded it yet. After the hub flip and single job I wont have that to worry about anyway.
You know where I can find a bow kit and a three color camo cover for it? Hint, hint, hint,,,.... :lol:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Lol "grocery getter" I took one of my trucks to the grocery store here one Sunday morning......you should of seen the looks I got......

Thanks Lane!

maxim said:
That did not take long for you superduper charge the Sand Sled....ar ar ar more power, more power...Did ya have to fiddle with the trailer light wires? You should be a professional tow-er by now...Sounded like a good trip 'cept for the deuce NOT wanting to follow. Learn something new everyday..Maxim
that Duece reminded me of flat towing the M37'S. Lane even thought about switching the fronts over to NDT's but after 2 hrs of dinking around in the less than friendly weather i said the heck with it. ill just buy the fuel. I spent most of friday putting the turbo and related items on the tan truck over at Lanes place just so we could do both trailers at once so we were not going accept defeat. tires on these trailers are real good and the lights all worked. brakes? well thats a different story. lines have been smashed and pulled apart. oh well. the have good roofs and dont leak. these guys look like they are up to no good. I think they were disscussing how to get lane turned around without having to back up.

Attachments

citizensoldier

oifvet said:
DaveP,

That dolly is the way to go! Looks right behind a 2 1/2 ton truck. How did that set-up handle? Easy pull?
I have pulled two M146's empty so far with my dolly. It handled very well, cornered good, and seems to be a good combo. Only thing you have to watch for is pulling in somewhere. You arent going to back up very far with one thats for sure. I can back up when straight for about 10' until the dolly shows its own mind. If I had power steering that would be nice and help a bit. I was even in some high winds on the first trip and never once got the wiggly worm effect.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My solution to non following deuces! BTW, I had serious problems trying to get Mikes deuce to the road the other day, it just wouldn't follow on the soft earth. Once to pavement, it did OK.

Attachments

Armada

Great recovery Dave. Glad you were able to get them both home without incident. I wonder why the deuce wouldn't behave when towed? Tires maybe? P.S. Keep me in mind on those blackout shades! :) I am really in need!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks