• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida DMV and picking up my shop van

Green_gator

It is great to live in Florida some days, and not just because it is almost 70 outside :D .I am getting ready to pick up my M109 from Indianapolis and will drive it down to Florida. I have a trucking company in Indy doing a fluid change and general PMCS / safety check on the vehicle. I will do my own checks before leaving but it is nice to have another set of eyes and fresh fluids for the driveI have looked at the general information for the state on temporary tags but nothing is clear on picking up in another state so I decided to take some time and go check with the local tax collector's office to find the answer. After about 20 minutes and one quick call by the agent to Tallahassee I left with a 30 tag and temporary registration. So now I have insurance and a tag and am headed north in just over a week.

Attachments

Green_gator

I am driving up as I am picking up some spare tires and shuttling some cylinder heads from Atlanta. Seems that there are a lot of rental cars in Florida that need to go north right now. Full size SUV rental from Tampa to Indy is $16/day for a one way trip. I am coming right through Cincinnati as I plan to run I 75 up and back though I suspect that the trip up will take less time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks