• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm new here and my recent road trip

CdnH1

First of all I'd like to say hi to everyone, this is a fantastic site with tons of great info.

I recently purchased a 1986 HMMWV in San Diego. I live in central British Columbia, Canada approximately 2000 miles from San Diego. I drove my 2000 H1 down to pick up my new toy. My H1 has just had a Duramax conversion done, so power was not an issue.

I logged on approximately 4500 miles and thank gawd for satellite radio lol. It was a long trip but a lot of fun and I had a great time in the USA, everyone treated me very well and the weather was awesome. Attached are a few photos of my trip.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: I

Welcome to the site. Pics didn't show up for me. Thats one heck of a road trip!
edit: they are there now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: I

Looks great, nice combo for sure. Any problems getting the HMMWV across the line?

CdnH1

No problems at all, I had all my paper work lined up ahead of time. I was on the US side for about 15 mins and about 2 hrs on the Canadian side filling out some paperwork. All in all I was very pleased at how smoothly it went.

DanMartin

I have a buddy who got some drop-in lockable boxes that fill in the rear doors on those HMMWVs (he has the pickup-truck style early civy model that was very close to the military until they pimped them out. Even has the NA 6.2 and 3 speed tranny). Anyways, they were quality weatherproof pieces with locking doors (on the sides) and made out of 100% aluminum. Very nice to be able to lock up your stuff.

Your truck reminded me of his in that last picture.

CdnH1

Thanks very much for the compliments and warm welcome :) The civy H1 costs more lol. I'd love to have some of you rides. I've been checking out this site and you guys have some awesome rigs.
Cheers, Bob

jwaller

I just purchased my first 86 hmmwv and want to do the durmax conversion. can you give me any and all info you have on the swap. did you do it or did you have it done somewhere. my 998 has a bad motor and I'm debating what to fix it with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks