• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tennessee. Alabama, Georgia Rally?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where's it at? I've got a baby due in June so I may be tied up for a while but I'd like the idea of some sort of rally close by. I you need any help setting it up let me know. I'll help any way I can.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You'll have to be careful scheduling it. In the Spring, you have the Florida Rally, the DD MVPA meet in Mobile and a couple other things.

Then in May, you have Aberdeen.

Summer is too hot to do anything down here, so scratch that rofl

Then in the fall, you have the world famous SS Ga Rally.

But another rally is never a bad thing!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Marines42 said:
I am not familiar with any of the rallys around here. I am in Canton, GA. Someone give me the scoop on the when and wheres!
Ok, the SS Ga Rally will be the last weekend in September. Please see the thread from the '07 event to get an idea of what the event will look like:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15096

Once a definite location has been set, there will be a thread with all of the pertinent data (maps, dates, etc).

There is also a Ga MVPA Rally in September, but I do not know where it is yet. It is definitely earlier in the month.

Capt.Marion

Yeah, there's Clinto's GA SS Rally, and the GA MVPA rally is real close, over in Alpharetta, (I'm pretty sure) and it should be in mid September sometime. I'll PM you details on GA MVPA monthly meetings, too...

Green_gator

Clinto,
I am planning to come way up North for the GA rally this year. Looks like the last weekend of September has Alabama rolling into Athens. Something to think about as it could cause some Saturday traffic issues near your house.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Green_gator said:
Clinto,
I am planning to come way up North for the GA rally this year. Looks like the last weekend of September has Alabama rolling into Athens. Something to think about as it could cause some Saturday traffic issues near your house.
The '08 SS Ga Rally will not be held at my house. It will be at some venue large enough to host us all. I believe we will be somewhere in the North Ga mountains again, as the scenery is gorgeous. I expect a turnout at least equal to the '07 event.

I did have a cookout at my house the first year we did an SS Ga event, but it was obvious we would run out of room the second year. Here is what 2006 looked like at my house:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7541

davidkroberts

i would be but what town is it in. If it isnt going to work i know the guy who owns coon creek offroad park in central west tennessee ( Dyersburg,TN). Ive been thinking about hosting an event with him. Its an hour north of memphis and located right where arkansas tennessee and missouri meet. Its only 467 acres but he has well maintained trails bottomless mudholes and good climbs ,and lots of hotels and restarants are close. If anyone thinks its a good idea let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks