• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sealed beam # help

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a armored vehicle light. Mostly they come in IR, with a IR lens over the bulb. I'll see if I can dig up a #. I know the NSN is in a M113 APC TM.

Boatcarpenter

Gimpy- I got it from Austin Webber- not exactly sure where I am going to mount it yet. :idea: Perhaps a hi-low beam back up light!!
e22- thank you for checking on the number, also, axle clamps arrived :D A-OK.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I WILL HAVE BOTH CLEAR AND IR VERSIONS OF THESE LIGHTS AT ABERDEEN IN A MONTH.
(unless something totally unexpected keeps me from coming). (Capital letters added for selfless promotion and no other reason, nlolbsf--not laughing out loud but still funny).

Here is the info on the light bulb. I bought four of these about 8 months ago and they were somewhat expensive at some of the places I went. If you can't find a price under $17, let me know. I ended up special ordering mine through some company that I can't remember the name of off the top of my head.

NIIN 003684972 STATUS Active Nomenclature LAMP,INCANDESCENT DODAC/SUMC / LIN

Federal Supply Classification 6240
Unit of Issue EA

Cage Cd Manufacturer Part Number
08108 4811
08805 4811-28V
94988 4811
96906 MS18003-4811
A0199 876LA0039
0158B MS18003-4811
21450 453128
80204 4811
A0199 142097349

Boatcarpenter

sealed beam

To finish off my thread here. I got a GE 4812 Hi-Lo sealed beam from Saturn Surplus measuring 4 1/2 inches in diameter and about 3" in depth. Three prong connection. Has FOG molded into the glass at the bottom of the lens. Back says General Electric 4812 Military Headlight. Back is also painted flat black. Fit into unit well, although I would probably have to say it is not the exact one for the unit, but almost. Link to bulb.
http://saturnsurplus.com/lights/4812.htm
BC

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
RE: sealed beam

Looks like it should work.

If it doesn't I still have these type of lights available (used) with bulbs.
(Previous information was a shameless act of self promotion of items I have for sale at $15 each which includes the complete used light with bulb in both the white light and infra red light models.) cmnolbsc---chuckling, maybe not out loud but still chuckling.

BAZYRKYR

Can you still get the M113 APC IR lights? I need 2 of them...one for each side...of my M109A3 to mount on the bumper. Thanks.

papakb

That lamp housing is pretty universal. They're usually found with an infrared filter over the bulb to use with NV gear but there are versions with red lamps for MP use, patterend lenses for fog lamps and clear lenses for general illumination. There's also a double lamp version with a built in black out lamp that was used on armored vehicles.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks