• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overpriced Junk Yard Finds

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well today I was over at the local scrap yard dropping off metal I had accumulated. One of the guys told me of some military stuff when he noticed my trailer. It turns out that the place had perhaps 15 M105 and M101 beds along with a few M105 frames. I was rather exited, as I would love to turn my M116A2 into a M101 by swapping the bed. I was also hoping to gather a supply of lunettes and other misc. parts to sell. It turns out though that instead of regular steel prices by the pound they want $600 for a M105 bed. I did a rather poor job of not laughing when I told him the going rate for a complete M105, and what I paid for a recent one I purchased. He then told me that they were expecting the axles any day and were going to try to sell them together. I did not bother to ask to what unrealistic level the price would raise to after putting together a bunch of missing many parts “complete” M105s.

To make this even more interesting I found out that they were getting this from a GL scrap lot they had won. I would be very curious to know the terms of that lot, and how much they paid.

Can anyone tell me the weight of a complete M105 bed with tailgate, and the same for a M101 bed with tailgate?

Blood_of_Tyrants

Sounds like that guy goes by the "Golden Crap" rule. If he owns it and wants to sell it, it's golden. If you own it and want to sell it, it's crap. I simply refuse to deal with a--holes like that. Tell him he can either sell it for a fair price keep his junk until it rusts back into the earth.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You just can't deal with junkyards anymore-I've got a thousand stories like this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks