• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 5 Ton trailer light cable plug question?

clodfelterd73t

I was wondering how was the best way to change out the end plug that plugs into the trailer on the 24 volt cable that goes from the tactor to the trailer,I could not find any information on the downloadable manuals .Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jones

Is the harness good but the plug is damaged? Usually the entire cable is swapped out but if necessary, the pins/sockets with their wires can be pushed out of the cannon plug and pushed into a replacement. I'll see if I can find and send you the ITT/Cannon .pdf file on how to do this.

clodfelterd73t

Yes the plug is just damaged I have a brand new original one but cant figure how to remove the thick black rubber insulation. Does the plug unscrew out of the rubber insulation? I got your download form.Thanks again!

jwaller

it's the same as on the rear of the truck and every other MV out there. so pick a manual and look in it. not hard. just some set screws on the back and R&R the thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks