• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blasting Help! Question!

aghy

Hello!

I am soda blasting this weekend and for some reason the blast material stopped flowing. I will get a small "burst" of media come out when I start and then it stops. This started to happen when I refilled the pot. I emptied it and refilled it about half way and I am still getting the same problem.

I HAVE no idea what else todo. It seems as a flow issue.

I have tried changing the PSI from 60 to 100 same problem both times.

Any help or idea would be great!

-Michael

Jones

Moisture in the media and/or a kink in the feed hose are our most frequent causes of stoppages in our blast cabinet. If you're getting a burst then nothing, some kind of blockage is the culprit.
Also check to see if your filter screen is clogged with rust or paint chips or if some have made it past the screen and are blocking the media pick-up.

aghy

Re: RE: Blasting Help! Question!

readyman said:
Cabinet type blaster, self contained hand held?
Venting is important, even my cabinet blaster has a vent tube down to the pickup.
Schmidt 11SX is the blaster. It's a meduim sized with a 150lb hopper.

This is killing me!

ygmir

RE: Re: RE: Blasting Help! Question!

Is this a pressure pot? you should have a backflow valve, if so, and, it'll help.
I'd say moisture......if this is re-curring during operation,it plugs then builds enough pressure to blow the plug out, then, plugs again.......

If not, I don't know cabinets.......
If it's a one time, on start up thing, Jones is probably right.

sermis

RE: Re: RE: Blasting Help! Question!

Dryer on the air line?
Does your compressor have enough volume at 100 psi?
Oil blow by from the compressor?
When I did my truck I had oil blow by from the compressor. I had a Schmidt 350# POT. It would clog and then blow out. Dump the dryer and was good to go for about an hour then it started again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks