• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Letterkenny, PA

grobinson2

Just wanted to post that Jason from Letterkenny is a great guy. Very nice and gets right back to you. Was also down at Ft. Campbell the other day and the guys down there were very nice as well.

Thanks,
Glenn

I've picked up lots of stuff from Letterkenny over the years. I've always had a great experience there, but today... well, not so good. I picked up a warehouse tug that was parked pewrpendicularly deep inside an aisle. Instead of using the chain that was sitting on the forklift to pull out the tug. Jason ( I think ) insisted on using the forks to work it out. He did a number of awkward manuevers until he got it out where it was accesible. When he started, the tug was in neutral and the rear wheels moved freely. By the time he had it loaded, the muffler was crushed, the left rear wheel cylinder was punctured and leaking all over, the parking brake cable no longer works (he snagged the cables underneath) and worse of all, it no longer rolls freely in neutral. I'm not sure what happpened there. I'm a little peeved. This damage was all done while loading. Do you think that I ought to discuss this with GL? He really is a nice, helpful guy and I don't want to get him in trouble, but this is going to cost a lot to repair.

Attachments

scranch18121

I've picked up lots of stuff from Letterkenny over the years. I've always had a great experience there, but today... well, not so good. I picked up a warehouse tug that was parked pewrpendicularly deep inside an aisle. Instead of using the chain that was sitting on the forklift to pull out the tug. Jason ( I think ) insisted on using the forks to work it out. He did a number of awkward manuevers until he got it out where it was accesible. When he started, the tug was in neutral and the rear wheels moved freely. By the time he had it loaded, the muffler was crushed, the left rear wheel cylinder was punctured and leaking all over, the parking brake cable no longer works (he snagged the cables underneath) and worse of all, it no longer rolls freely in neutral. I'm not sure what happpened there. I'm a little peeved. This damage was all done while loading. Do you think that I ought to discuss this with GL? He really is a nice, helpful guy and I don't want to get him in trouble, but this is going to cost a lot to repair.
Did you say anything when he was damaging it as he was damaging it?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I picked up 5 MEP 003's and Jason helped my son on trip #1 to get 4 and he helped me on trip #2 to get one (long story and a longer ride in a non-turbo deuce with 4 gen units). Most at GL are very helpful. Its GL that we get pi**ed at, not the workers.

Did you say anything when he was damaging it as he was damaging it?
I didn't say too much because I wasn't aware of the extensiveness until we got back home 4 hours later and saw the brake fluid all over the trailer bed, though my buddy who went with me told the loader a couple different times that he was beating up the tug. As far as the staff being helpful, I agree whole heartedly, including this guy. He was even really friendly during the loadout, that's why I'm hesitant to complain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks