• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question any help appreciated

SrIrie

Like I posted in another form I am seriously looking in to buying a M35A2 but with the closest depot 450 500 miles (Fort Lewis) away and the price of fuel at 4 dollars a Gal it would be a large bill to go preview. My question is am I stupid for just bidding and not ever previewing or should I just buck up and not buy the other hub and axle right now and go preview them. I have a truck and trailer to pull home and would not expect to drive it home.

Well i would not call you stupid, but just addicted to Green Iron [thumbzup] We just recently brought a bunch of trucks home from Indianapolis Indiana, and we live in alabama. A 500 mile trip one way. We did not preview them at all. All of them we drove home with out a hitch. Theres a few other guys on here that have drove a truck home 1200+ miles. There is a chance of having a little problem or something when coming home. There is a bunch of members on here that are willing to maybe preview, or give you a hand on your way home if you have a problem. If you are planning on just hauling it home, then i would say you got nothing to fear. Alot of guys never do see the truck they are purchasing until they go to pick it up. If it ends up being a runner and you wanta drive it home, just take you some tools, filters, and supplies with you. fire it up and drive it home.

O yeah welcome to the site [thumbzup]

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nobody here is going to call anyone "stupid" for bidding w/o previewing.

Especially not ME! :wink:

It's half the fun.

Research what you can. Do your homework with the help of Steel Soldiers. And buy yourself a truck!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've bought two trucks and I didn't preview either one. I did bid on them like they were parts trucks though. That way if there turns out to be a major problem I still did ok but if it turns out to be a nice truck I got a deal. I've heard horror stories from people that bought a truck without preview a long way from home with plans to drive them back.

It always suprises me that people will buy a 30 year old truck they know little to nothing about and plan on driving it several 100 miles home. Most seem to make it ok though. They must not have my luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks