• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How unwanted is the crap you get from GL?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will those fit my med boxes? Way cool. Back a few years ago I bid and won some TA/838 phones from DSCC. In the lot were several VCR players that were as big as a 20MM can and weighed close to 60#. These things came out of the first era VCRs. Unbelievable.

poppop

Gimpy, just think how much money you saved the taxpayers by hauling that off for the government. Does'nt that give you a warm fuzzy feeling. This happens at auctions I go to all the time. Throw some junk in with something good so someone else will have to haul it off. Most announce that you can't pick and leave the leftovers.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you mean no pics?

That could have been a great mower with some TLC and you kicked it to the curb.

;-)

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the truck bed I bought from GL came with 35 7 foot torsion bars that I wound up scrapping for more than I paid for the lot. Sometimes the junk they throw in is a good thing. The ambulance I bought from GSA was filled with cabinets and trash though, filled up my whole dumpster that week.

Michael

I have found that it is a pain to figer out what some of the stuff is good for. The military apparently has no good way to take a NSN number and look up its end use.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do, but sometimes it takes more time and effort than it is worth...

Torsion bars, when they go bad, get thrown out, not turned in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks