• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Here ! Need 1984 M1008 CUCV Rear Proportioning Valve As

SmokeyJoe

Hi folks, I'm new here and stumbled across this forum while surfing the web looking for a couple of parts.

I'm an Asst. Fire Chief :jumpin: for a rural fire dist here in eastern Kansas. We currently run several of the 1984 M1008 CUCV pickups (1 ton) with small water tanks for use in some of our more remote areas during grass fire season. I have an additional unit I am getting ready to place into service (we get them cheap from the local surplus depot) but I need the rear proportioning valve and actuating lever assembly. It looks like the original unit was hooked on something and all of the brackets are bent. Does anyone know where I can get a valve and the lever bracket that bolts to the differential? Also, if anyone out there has any manuals in electronic format, I would love to have whatever is out there to help me with the repair and maintenance. Thanks in advance, I can see I am going to be a regualr here !!!!!

SmokeyJoe

Prerunner1982

if i remember correctly you can run without the proportioning valve that is above the rear axle, but if you are using the truck to haul water you may want if after all... civilian trucks had them also, not all just some... so they are out there and available, possibly from chevy dealer.

SmokeyJoe

Thanks guys for the help. I'll give Parramore a try. Even though we don't haul a lot of water on these things, I still wnat to have a functional valve. I don't want to have to explain in a lawsuit why we had unhooked safety equipment. I did contact Chevy and they could get me the valve at a small fortune, but they were no help on the bracket.

Thanks again

mangus580

Joe, try www.brtruckparts.com Brian is a member of the forum as well, and lives pretty near you in Fontana Ks. Brian is a great guy to deal with, and most likely will have a used version of what you are looking for. (I have one from a civvy truck as well, but I live in the rust belt... you probably dont want it.)

SmokeyJoe

Thanks guys for all of the suggestions. I tried Parramore and several others, but they didn't have the part I needed. I finally found one at Boyce Equipment in Ogden, Utah. Great guy to deal with and he said they have lots and lots of parts for these trucks. I appreciate all of the help, and I'm sure I'll be discussing a lot more !!

Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks