• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to buy parts for humvee winch?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just like the title says, who sells parts for the Mil-6000 and Mil-9000 Humvee winches? I need a Remote control and a control box cover.

Do any of you guys have a winch on your Humvee? If so, do you know if the winch control is interchangable with a civi model? Thanks.

Elwenil

I've seen advertisements for MileMarker winches where they claim to make all the winches for the HMMWV. Might be a place to start.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just checked my junk mail and found a response from them. The tech guy said the only thing I can do is try and find a used one or buy a new 24v control box and remote for about $185. I'll look for a used one for a while longer before I shell out that much cash on something I am just going to turn around and sell.

mangus580

denise, do you have the control? I need a picture of what the control handle looks like on the mil version...

I bought the one that steelsoldiers had ;-)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The controllers are all different, from the 6K to 9K to 10.5K the 6 and 9k's look the same, except for the plug. 10.5K is totally different.

mangus580

I need one for the 6k winch. I dont even know what it looks like. I had resorted myself to buying a civvy one on ebay if need be, and rewiring the winch. Do you have one?

denisek5935

The Ebay listing looks like the real deal. It should be a three prong connector and have a return. What does your female side look like?

denisek5935

I have a military NSN'd waterproof electrical plug kit. It may have what you need to fab your own. But what do you think of that Ebay listed item?
Do you have a picture of the winch side, that you have?

mangus580

basically the winch side looks like a flat 4 trailer plug, only in a square orientation.

what plug kit do you have? got pics? I have been looking for some other items too.

denisek5935

Tell me what you are looking for. I will try to locate them. I just found a starter and two alternators, one new, for a fellow member, at a good price. I even can find cheap individual gear.

mangus580

Honestly, thats the problem, i dont know what I am looking for. hence me asking for pics of the kit you were talking about, so I can see if it will work for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks