• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New M715

Recently purchased an M715 of my very own. I bought it sight unseen, but the price was right. I was pleasantly suprised when I picked it up. Even though the motor has parts missing, it was running before said parts were liberated. It has a production date of 1-1969. I can't wait to tear out that ridiculous pair of seats, and get a top bow frame for a canvas top. Obviously the first things I am going to need are a fuel pump, a carb, and a water pump. Please contact me if you have any of these. Obviously, include price and condition.

this is my 3rd MV, I have 2 CUCV blazers. My first choice was an M37, however this thing is so neat.. I couldn't pass it up.

Included in this post, is a thanks to Al, my driver, and westfolk, from this board, for offering me help every step of the way, 'cause I took this one out of his neck of the woods. I know I couldn't have got this one without either of them.

As you can see, a 715 fits great on a Uhaul trailer.. just make sure you get the silver one. the Ram and the trailer performed just great on the 250 mile round trip.

Pics.. enjoy...

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take out that silly-looking grille insert and change the tires, paint her green, and you're good in my book! I miss certain aspects of my M725 project, glad to see another of that family getting saved. :grd:

I like MERCDEC ? camo on those trucks, however I also like red. She does need some tires, but the first order of business is getting her running which always seems to be easier for people who aren't me.. :? Anyhow, keep me motivated on this one and it might see the road again.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I understand water pumps (and engine parts in general) are as scarce as hen's teeth. Someone over at m715zone was rebuilding water pumps but I think you have to have a core. Vintage Power Wagons used to have the biggest stockpile left of NOS parts for the m715.

Sorry all, its been a while since Iv'e visited my thread.

JeepMan- Where at in upstate NY? I'm always looking for 715's. PM me if ya wanna share :)

WolfDose- Yes, it was a fire rig. It was a brush unit with a fire company which I am still trying to research. The Forest Service loans Federal assets to eligible fire companies, and this is a leftover. My plan is to, (Don't Laugh!) put in a slip-in brush fire body and make it look like a US Fish and Wildlife Service fire rig.

m16ty- I have slllooowwwly been accumulating items. eBay has produced me a rebuild kit and a core carb, and I found a friggin' EXCELLENT used water pump from a guy on 715zone.

Oh, yeah.. and this is merely the stuff I have had TIME to do.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
emr said:
SWEET!! Glad to see the 715's on the move...great job!! [thumbzup]
Yea, they are kind of the stepchild of the MV world (along with m880s) but I like mine :D . Although it has kind of took a back seat since I've got my deuce.

m16ty said:
emr said:
SWEET!! Glad to see the 715's on the move...great job!! [thumbzup]
Yea, they are kind of the stepchild of the MV world (along with m880s) but I like mine :D . Although it has kind of took a back seat since I've got my deuce.

Which is EXACTLY WHY I haven't picked up my OWN deuce!!

Oh, wait.. I think it's because I already have too many other irons in the fire.

Allwell, I can dream! (fights the urge to buy an M35... :( )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks