• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA Ralley Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

M215

Figured I would get this started!
WOW what a great time, can't wait until next year. Took over a hundred pictures, these are just a few, it has been a long weekend, more pictures later.
Karl

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics, More pics! Looks like a good weekend for you guys.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't take many pics - was having a great time, and Matt (L1A1) was snapping away on his camera in the passenger's seat, my camera was back at camp. I was hoping a bunch had taken some pics that I could save, so I guess we'll see in this thread what got captured on film!

MAN! We had a great time! They were calling for rain all weekend long, with some sun on Sunday, it ended up completely switched! Friday and Saturday were pretty nice, some clouds, only rain we had was from Sat. 9pm to early Sunday. We even had a chance Saturday to take the top off the cab and ride in the sun! The campsite was perfect for the number of trucks we had (it can support a few more for next time) and we all seemed to have a blast!

The following folks were present, in the following vehicles:

Mike (MadDawg308) in M35A2, all weekend
Peter (Opie) and wife Denene in M109, all weekend
Matt (L1A1) and friend/trail guide Pat in Dakota and Bronco II, all weekend
Karl (M215) and brother Jim in M813, all weekend
Eddie (Thebuggyman) and friend Donnie in M813, all weekend
Gary (troll) in M1008 CUCV on Friday, M35A2 on Saturday
Tyler (tsmall07) in Civic on Friday - rider
Jerry (bullitt798) with family in M37 on Saturday

The concensus on Sunday morning was that everyone had a great time, and would like to do it again next year! Well, guess we're going to have to see how things turn out, and start planning routes and stuff early 2009! :)

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Excellent pics and everyone's trucks look real nice!! :beer: Congrats Mike for organizing an event that brings MVers together and pulling it off. It's nice to see em' in the woods. More Pics Please. :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thing - noone got hurt and noone had any serious damage to their trucks this trip, no malfunctions on the highway from what I heard. Only casualties were a flat tire on my truck (easily changed, thanks to the crew for the help with some tools), my running board (see above pic of me cresting the berm), and bullitt798's M37 had a minor vapor lock problem which was fixed easily as well. Other than those small items, great fun had by all!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
Thanks for organizing this event. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I would have liked to have been there.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it was a good time! I love gettin' together with a mess of trucks. We just need a bit more mud out this way, the dust gets everywhere. GLad it was an "eventless" trip. Keep the pics comming!

bullitt798

...we had a great time and now my wife even wants us down the road to get a 10-wheel MV to ride in. Of course she says I have to liquidate a few of the flat-fenders to do it so that might be a problem. But my wife even wanted to ride in the troop seats during some of the trail ride so that was cool to me.Kids love it but got tired late in the day.I know one thing, it will be a memory my family will never forget.Sorry the M-37 had the one incident with the vapor lock but she came back around and did well the whole trip back.
The whole idea of owning this 54 M-37 was because my dad drove them in Japan and Korea when he was in the USMC 51-53 and he always told me storys about the M-37's and the M38A1's he drove.I wish he could have been with us he would have had a big time.Dad went to guard Heaven's scenes on 9-29-04....

tsmall07

I had a great time on Friday and wish I could have stayed longer. Maybe I can get my truck road worthy by the event in 2009 so I don't have to bring the wheel chock again... :roll:

By the way, I like that name for the Civic. Its one I haven't heard before! rofl You guys have to admit it was pretty impressive that I made it through the creek and all the way to the camp site! :lol:

TheBuggyman

Well, let me start by thanking you, Mike, for the great 1st Annual Virginia Invasion!
Donny and I had a great time! So great, in fact, I believe that Donny has contracted the dreaded GREEN IRON FEVER. Yep, ya' went and did it Mike, sucked another one into the one way whirlpool of despair......

When Peter showed up in the parking lot, got out and kissed the ground it cracked everyone up! Oh, and Peter, thanks for clearing all of the plant life below twelve feet high for me!

Awesome time, awesome folks, awesome trucks. What more can I say? I just downloaded an image resizer for Vista, let me post a pic to see if it works.........

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eddie, I hope you have more pics than the rest of the gang! Looks like fun was had by all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks