• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle boot

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
is there a trick or? in changing one of these. it looks like the inner clamp is going to be a pain in the ---, thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For your reference: The first image is from the TM 9-2320-260-20 (1972) and applies to your vehicle, the second image applies to 2-1/2 ton trucks, but may help some. Enjoy!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
well the boot IS on, you can forget about doing it the way the book says, it sounds easy just reading the book, LMAO, first off there is only about 3/4"to get your fingers in, at first i tried to put the boot on then the ring, nothing would stay alined, then tried glueing the boot to the axle with rubber molding glue then put the ring on, the boot would not stay , then i took a neddle and thread and threaded the neddle through the boot then back up on the other side of the ring, i did this twice then tired of the thead ,trying the ring to the boot, i did this every 1 1/2" all the way around the boot and ring, then used a sharp screw driver to work the boot ridge into the axle grove and wal la IT WAS ON, in fact it took some time to tie the ring to the boot but a whole lot less then going the book way and the idea WORKED super. hope this helps some of you SS owners

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks