• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my past two weeks

m880guy

:evil: to start it out, i took my truck to the do it yourself carwash, where i blasted the underbody, scrubbed the shit out of everything and even shined my wranglers, i let it sit out side while i did what i do, i was giving the truck a look around inspection when i noticed brown spots on my fenders! not even one year and brown spots!!! and visible surface rust and peeling undercoating, anyway, my mom wants to get rid of the truck to get a prius but there is no way in hell thats gonna happen i also bought a fairly new sending unit from a kid who builds hot rod w200s and mud boggers. I picked up the sending unit $20 and a dash peice with a radio cutout for $5 yep

i also came across the sunpro tach i had bought for my s10, thats going in the day my radio gets in there, there is a town called little chicago not too far from me and i stopped at the dodge dealership where the junkyard is, and i found a hitch that the guys will sell and install for like $75 im going to use camo spray paint on the brown spots and if i can make some extra money i might get the truck painted glossy black, anyway, when the weather gets better (wausau had snow again last night, more is coming) im going to chop the 2 ft of pipe coming from my manifolds and do a custom true dual, but my main focus is gas guage, getting the horn working, getting back up lights to work and radio, then brushguard, visor, new cb, smaller tires for towing and some edelbrock essentials,

i'll be posting pics of my progress all through this month and hopefully next month

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m880guy said:
.....................and if i can make some extra money i might get the truck painted glossy black,...........................
Be advised:
This course of action will cost several thousand dollars, as black shows everything.

Spray can touch up paint can be purchased to closely match the camo colors currently on that truck.

m880guy

RE: Re: my past two weeks

yep auto zone has it, im not speaking ill of alfa heaven, i love the place, i still have less problems than i would with any other truck 30+ years old ya know my 4wd is kinda weird but thats gonna get fixed, yesterday and today were and is really warm outside, after my track meet im gonna drop my tank and get the sending unit in, some jerk stole my antennas, so i had to drop 40 bicks to get some new ones, so radio is going to be delayed a bit
once again im not not disrespecting alfa heaven, tom zat is a great guy and their trucks are all in very good condition

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks