• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3s

m35a2kevin

hey guys
just kind of curious, what happend to all the m35a3s?
i mean back in the mid 90s everyone had them, meaning the service,
now all of a sudden national guard units like the one near me,, is using
the old a2 now,, where are they? why havnt i seen more on the market..
and why is it when one does show up on gl,, the ctis display screen
is always cracked,, like someone hit it with a hammer, or the butt of their rifle?
kevin gibson

m35a2kevin

oh, i know they are still being used, it just seems they arent being used as much as the m35a2
i see more guard units using m35a2s then A3s is there somthing wrong with them,, hell i would kill to have
an automatic trans in my duece :)
kevin gibson

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rumor has it that they will be in the system for years...but I don't believe it by the looks of the trucks coming out. I've seen the rare A3 that needed work...almost all of them that are coming out are cherry! They don't surplus cherry trucks that are meant for the system for the next decade plain and simple. I would like one, but I am not paying M939 prices for one. They just are not worth it. I'd pay about $7K for one...and that is why I don't own one right now! :D

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just delivered two "cherry" A3's to Camp Blanding this morning DRMO. One had a brand new paint job, not even unit numbers on it yet. This particular FL NG unit was turning all their A3's in since getting delivery of the new M1078's.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: on that jwaller. I drove my deuce to Home Depot to pick up building supplies and the young chap that helped me load the supplies told me he drove deuces in Iraq an that the A3s were a POS and that he preferred the A2s because they rarely broke down or had mechanical problems.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because of thin skin and political correctness, I can't say what I think of the -A3. They are not high on my list of desirable vehicles.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not that high on my list of desirable vehicles either, but that doesn't mean they aren't on there (my list anyway)! :) They are way too expensive in my opinion. Guys are spending $10K+ for them when they could have bought an M939 series truck for that money...and there is no comparison between the two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks