• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap tools are sometimes handy

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needed a total of six pop rivets replaced and the right tool would have cost over $100, ebay to the rescue, Chinese riveting tool for about $20 plus shipping, even included the right rivets. Probable won't need it again for years....

Attachments

Jake0147

I have one of those I got for one car needing a window regulator replaced. It put in three rivets then, and probably a zillion of the molly bolt rivets that hold license plate brackets to plastic bumbers while I was at the olds/pontiac/cadillac garage. I'd like to have bought a good one but a hundred bucks wouldn't touch the "good" one I could get back then, at that time I couldn't find what I'd call an "intermediate" one for a hundred bucks, so what are you gonna do...

steelandcanvas

That's the advantage to "Harbor Freight" tools. Use it once, throw it in the tool box, if you use it again, you're ahead of the game.

Who's the handsome fellow in the picture, Bjorn? :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks