• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Wiper Arms

Sundance

One of the last items I need are two wiper arms for my goat. I have the non-tapered mount type. Anybody have them or know of any for sale? I'll also need the blades but would be happy just to find the arms.
Thanks, Steve

davidkroberts

sundance,

im reposting a reply from a friend on the yahoo forum....

Dave, there are two types of arms (old and new). The one arm has a nut that holds the arm to the motor spline (older). Then there is the arm that clips to the spline (new). I will try and hunt them down, I got the last three from my guy, so I do have a sample.

The blade is "TRICO" 61-181 (18" blade). This is the information I have off the actual packaging I carry in my pickup. The blade is available at Advanced autoparts or they can get it for you.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?MfrPartNumber=61181

John S

ida34

If you have trouble finding the actual arms you might try the Napa or Anco universal replacement arms. They use modern wiper blades and work much better than the stock arms and blades. Check the tech articles section for wiper upgrade. I did the change on my deuce recently and the new set up works much better than the old stock setup. I even had new blades on the old system. I got the universal blades, scuffed them up with a green pad, and painted them 383 green. The replacement arm comes with several adapters for different wiper motor shafts. Does the goat use air wipers like the deuce or M37? If it does they should work just fine for you.

Sundance

Thanks, I've tracked down the arms as Anco #4101. They fit the knurled nut perfectly now I'm waiting on the wipers to see if the combination is the right length. If not then the Anco #4103 arm is longer. My wiper motors are the newer ones without nuts to hold the wipers.
Steve

Sundance

Wiper Arms and Blades for newer style motors

OK, here's what I've learned. The Anco 4101 (NAPA 60-750) fits the knurled nut and the length works. However, the bayonet connector is too small for most standard blades. Anco couldn't even tell me the correct blades to fit. So I picked up some Anco 4103 (NAPA 60-725) arms. The knurled end of these is too large to fit the wiper nut :evil: , but the bayonet end works with standard wiper blades. So. I switched the bayonet clips to the 4101 (a perfect fit) and now everything works and looks great :lol: . I'd post pictures but my wife lost our digital in Colorado last month. If anybody finds it please let me know :? . The 18" blades I used are Anco 91-18. Hope this wasn't to confusing.
Thanks, Steve

ida34

RE: Wiper Arms and Blades for newer style motors

One of the Anco 13 inch wipers comes with a sleeve that goes on the narrow blade to make it the correct width. I can't remember the number but you just have to look at the adapters. My local auto parts store had the right 13 inch blades in stock with the adapter. I would assume that there are 18inch blades with the proper adapter also. I know you got yours working but I was just posting for someone else trying the same swap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks