• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trip to Colemans yesterday

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I didn't feel like going to work yesterday (hey, I get 4 paid weeks of leave per year, I can use whenever I want. I know, you guys hate me). So I took a trip up to Coleman's in PA to pick up some more stuff before the scrappers get it. I was a little disappointed, a few things I went back for have since been hauled out for scrap metal, or run over by the loaders there. Oh well, can't save them all. The good news is Shawn is getting a lot of new stuff in, it's starting to pile up in back, and he also is getting into the military trucks a lot more. He said he just bought 60 of them and they are slowly filtering in, he fixes them up, and sells them off for a few $$$. So I guess I'm not the only one! :) Also glad to hear that he plans on keeping the pick-your-own part aspect of the yard going, as he is just scrapping a lot of the junk that has been there for 20-30 years due to lack of interest by customers in the stuff, and replacing it with newer stuff that he hopes will sell well. A lot of trailers have been saved from destruction, as he has marshalled them all over toward one side of the yard to save.

I didn't take pics of the yard, forgot my camera, plus the only things I would've taken a picture of would have been more stuff I have taken pics of before. Below are some pics of things I picked up there, nestled in the weeds, that I saved from the Chinese foundries. Most of this will be sold at Aberdeen or eBay, or here, since most I don't really need. Just excess stuff I wanted to give good homes to. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw in the weeds they still have a couple of these heavy, but odd-footed, towbars that I believe we have identified as for the M125 and M123 series of 10-ton trucks, according to AMGeneral. There used to be a pile of them, they are all gone (possibly put away in inside storage, but not sure), I saw three left in the weeds.

Here's a pic of Pinkie holding one up early last year when we went up together. If anyone needs this prior to Aberdeen, let me know ASAP I might be able to swing up beforehand and snag one. Cost might be $200-$300 at the top end.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I NEED a battery box!!! I might be interested in the plastic box you have there. Do you by any chance have the hold down too? My hold down looks like a tristed up noodle.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, wanna sell the extinguisher? Do you think the ladders are for the M105? Got a p/n or nsn on them?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was thinking of the same thing with the ladders. Might be for M105 or maybe a CUCV with a shelter. I might be interested in one.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WillWagner said:
Mike, wanna sell the extinguisher? Do you think the ladders are for the M105? Got a p/n or nsn on them?
I didn't see any part number on it, and the tags have rotted off. I think they are too high for a M105. Perhaps a M1008 CUCV, or maybe a lower trailer like a generator trailer, or M101/M116. I'll have to take them to Aberdeen and maybe measure a few back ends of trailers/trucks and see what it would work with.

I think I'm going to keep the fire extinguisher. I need one for the cab of my deuce, but thanks for the offer.

NB1944

Maddawg
I live in CO so I don't get to coleman's very often. I have frequently wanted to buy things from them, but the shipping costs are a killer! I was wondering... if we purchased items (nothing too outrageous) would you have a place to store them until we could make other transportation or shipping arrangements? We have several guys in our group that have purchased GL items at Ft Carson... maybe we could return the favor? Let me know if this is a possibility. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks