• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Letter from DLA Office of Investigations

Crash_AF

I just received a letter in the mail from DLA Office of Investigations instructing me on the requirements for Demil items and to make sure I understand them because:

"It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure the property is correctly classified and all appropriate licenses are obtained prior to exporting the property."

Does this mean that my EUC was approved and I should be getting my invoice shortly?

Later,
Joe

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crash_AF said:
Does this mean that my EUC was approved and I should be getting my invoice shortly?

Later,
Joe
Well, maybe. I think it was another two and a half to three weeks after I got that letter before I got my first EUC.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: Letter from DLA Office of Investigations

My DLA letter came AFTER my euc/invoice did.....so, your mileage may vary.......

chevycrew

RE: Re: Letter from DLA Office of Investigations

When did they start sending those letters?

When I bought my trailers, the way I found out the EUC was approved was my bank account went dry.

EUC was approved in december of 07

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive not received such a letter and my last purchase requiring an EUC was just 6 weeks ago.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
It seems that this is something new DLA is doing with first time approvals, my first EUC was approved in Jan, I received a letter with that approval, but not subsequent EUC's

Ed

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine was a first time EUC this year so maybe that's why I got one as well.

sprucemt

Most US Military surplus parts, clothing and such, can not be exported. Trying to figure out what can be exported is extremely difficult. There are a multitude of agency's involved and no "one stop shopping" for permits or data.

Crash_AF

Just an FYI, I got my cleared invoice today, so it was 5 days from the letter to invoice. Total time was 3 and a half weeks (26 days) from submission to Battle Creek to invoice. This would be 19 business days.

Later,
Joe

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Me to uh60.....sent me a very nice email explaining the requirement, the form required, and instructions.
I filled it out, faxed it in......and 2 working days later...my EUC was sent to BC.
My experiences with GL are good.....once the paperwork goes to Battlecreek....who knows...still waiting

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just make it safe and don't sell anything for export. A terrist might buy a prc77 and use it to bludgeon someone to death..

Ripcord01

old thread but I received a letter from the nice folks too. I don't have adesire to export anything.' Just clear me. I think next time my wife can buy toys of GL. She has a nice set of credentials. until then , I wait..waiting...waiting.. ****it...clear.:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks