• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL reselling trucks

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robyn, I noticed alot of truck lately are sold at an auction only to show up again in a month or so in another auction. Are there alot of people buying trucks and not paying for them? If not then why does GL have to resell them?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why wouldnt they resell them?? If I list something on ebay, someone wins it, they dont pay, I give them a non paying bidder, and I resell the item.....

DavidB

Their job is to sell them ,ours is to collect them,fix em and play.
Must be due no payers or not acceptable EUCs. The bad part some are bid to the moon and a normal bidder misses out.Just wonder if the offenders are banned/suspended.
DavidB

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
emmado22 said:
Why wouldnt they resell them?? If I list something on ebay, someone wins it, they dont pay, I give them a non paying bidder, and I resell the item.....
I'm not complaining. I'm acually glad to get a second chance at a truck. I was just wondering why they weren't getting them sold the first time.
If they are non paying bidders they sure are getting a bunch of them. I bet I've seen 20 or more trucks at one location being sold again.
I'm really just wanting to put my mind at ease that there's not something underhanded going on in the background.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the one that sold this week at WPAFB was on the auction block in Jan because I remembered the hours on it for some reason.

The deals just fall thru sometime I guess.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me To

I just got a Deuce that was rebid when the original bidder failed to pickup the truck. I think some people get caught up in the bidding an go overboard on the prices, I got the truck for less than half of the price from the first round of bidding.
James G.

Blood_of_Tyrants

The number of trucks that are re-auctioned makes you wonder how many INELIGIBLE people are out there running up the bids and forcing the rest of us to pay more than a fair bid. Think about it. A person ineligible for some reason or another runs up bids on several trucks but is successful in winning only one, which he cannot get. Now WE are being screwed because that ineligible bidder ran up the price. AND GL DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER TO TELL US THAT WE WERE BIDDING AGAINST A PERSON WHO SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BIDDING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I smell a lawsuit.

2deuce

I agree, it stinks that people bid up the price just to screw us but thats a lawsuit that I can't see being won by us. I'm sure people just re-register with a new email too and bid some more.
I once was bidding on a LDS multifuel but got outbid on GSA. I got a call over a month later from GSA asking me if I wanted it for my last bid. I told them no, but I would take it for the price as if the deadbeat bidder never bid and they agreed. That saved me $300.

1310monster

2deuce said:
I agree, it stinks that people bid up the price just to screw us but thats a lawsuit that I can't see being won by us. I'm sure people just re-register with a new email too and bid some more.
I once was bidding on a LDS multifuel but got outbid on GSA. I got a call over a month later from GSA asking me if I wanted it for my last bid. I told them no, but I would take it for the price as if the deadbeat bidder never bid and they agreed. That saved me $300.

Want to keep it fair? THIS...THIS is the way to do it! Through ebay if offered at the high bid of position two underbidder. I say it should be at an increment above number three underbidder. Eliminate number one alltogether. That's the way GL should do it too.

Rocky

beaubeau

Lets not forget about the guy who doesn't get his EUC.Cleared. I lost 2 sales because I kept waiting to hear back from GL.The next thing I get is a Forfeiture notice. Now I contact Gl as often as I can and keep up on Progress, if U call it that. It's still all Business, and who can make the most $$$.Take a good look at POLITICS,and the C"O"Nditates!!??LIES LIES LIES, and one more,LIES!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blood_of_Tyrants said:
AN GL DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER TO TELL US THAT WE WERE BIDDING AGAINST A PERSON WHO SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BIDDING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I smell a lawsuit.
How could GL know? It's easy for us to put everything on GL but say someone finds out about the auctions and signs up and goes through the same process as the rest of us. Then say several weeks into the process Battle Creek's background check finds an issue that cannot be resolved or maybe GL tries to pull the money out of an account and there isn't any there. The truck (or whatever) goes back up for auction.

We can't blame GL for those problems.

I haven't been here long enough to get as frustrated with GL as the rest of you but maybe that will change when I put in for my SF97. :)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So whats the solution to the I won the auction, but have "bad EUC/no $ in the account" bidders?

Here is the problem. I bid on an item and dont win it. I was beat out by a few dollars, so Im the #2 bidder. Time passes, I bid on similar item, and win it, and start the paperwork process... Turns out #1 bidder on the original item has bad EUC or no $, so that sale is not going to go thru. Whats GL gonna do? Call me, ask me if Im still interested? If I am, now Im gonna own 2 of the item? (remember, I bid and won on the 2nd item after I lost out on the original item) I dont think GL has the time or manpower to go do "second chance offers".. So they do what is reauction the item, and start fresh...

There are dirtbag bidders who "win" items, and never pay. It happens on ebay all the time and GL also. How are these businesses supposed to weed out bad bidders prior to the bid???

What else would you like GL to do? "pre-approve bidders"? Something like you submit your info and some $$ to show your semi serious about bidding?? How many of us here would like to plunk down a few hundred bucks to show GL that they are serious about bidding??? I dont think that will go over too well...

This ISNT like ebay, where 90% of the people paypal you minutes after the auction is over, and if you dont get payment in a short amount of time, there is still time to do a 2nd chance offer to the backup bidder....

The bad bidders are just part of the auction process..

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing as how you have to have a credit card on file before you bid they would atleast check to see if the card is valid and the limit on the card (I don't know if they do or not). You could always cancel the card after you've won though.

As for signing up under a different name after you've left GL hanging on a lot, I don't know if that would work. You can change your e-mail and user name but how are you going to change your credit card info, EUC info, and such? I guess you could buy under your "buddy's" name if you could get him to play along.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Say I have a card with a $2,000 limit, and the item is $3,000??? Then what do they do? They check, and I tell them Im going to send payment another way other than the CC they checked... Meanwhile you'r adding more time and checking to an already overburdened GL staff..
There is no easy way to check..

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
emmado22 said:
Say I have a card with a $2,000 limit, and the item is $3,000??? Then what do they do? They check, and I tell them Im going to send payment another way other than the CC they checked... Meanwhile you'r adding more time and checking to an already overburdened GL staff..
There is no easy way to check..
You have a point. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
emmado22 said:
What else would you like GL to do? "pre-approve bidders"? Something like you submit your info and some $$ to show your semi serious about bidding?? How many of us here would like to plunk down a few hundred bucks to show GL that they are serious about bidding??? I dont think that will go over too well...
I agree - it won't go over well - it seems there is a certain dealer in Maine that does business this way - and has gotten a sound threshing on SS for this practice!

One other scenario - guy bigs big on GL WITHOUT inspection (despite their warning not to do this) - then learns there is a whole in block, and elects to default.

And I am sure many of you remember the guy a few years ago that was listing GL lots on eBay, then trying to buy from GL based on this bids he got on eBay.

Regards,
David

m376x6

GSA Item

It happened to me here not to distant back. About 8 months ago I was looking like mad for a Dodge dump. Got beat out of a beauty up in Idaho not far from here and then found another one a few weeks later in Oklahoma. The pictures showed a beautiful late 70's D600 that had what appeared to be a fantastic paint job. No problem, called up the folks and asked for a detailed walk by assessment of the truck. I got glowing details. The truck was in pristine condition and would drive back to Colorado with no problems. Well, $3,600 later I was on my way to Oklahoma excited about my new truck. I get there and the shocking nightmare began. It had been wrecked, had gobs of bondo everywhere, more rust than steel. No brakes, the fuel pump spewed fuel everywhere when you tried to start it. Glass was missing, there was no bed bottom, rust had eaten that completely away, etc. etc. . What was I to do, I had bought it. The mechanics, it turns out this is a prison work program, brought it into their shop to at least try to get the brakes up while I ran down and got a new fuel pump. I get back and here is an ominous looking well dressed older chap deep in rage that this truck was being worked on in his facility. We had a few open minded (actually very cordial) sentences intended to promote refined conversation when he point blank apologized and explained that if I wanted, a full refund would be in order and he would insure it happened within days. I took him up on it. We parted company both very pleased with the outcome, and my deep respect for this fine person. The truck went back up on the GSA site a month later and I presume it was sold. I wish the fraudulent lots offered by GL that I have bought would end up this happilly. Gl is running about 2 out of 3 being good.

Regards,
M376X6/M354X4 (it will happen)

Blood_of_Tyrants

RE: GSA Item

If GL finds out that a bidder is ineligible, the very least they could do is to find all the items he bid up and go to the person who did win the auction and give them the item at the price before the ineligible bidder started bidding.

For example in event 3058 ONE PERSON either ran the bid up on or won TWENTY FIVE auctions (that I could count, there are probably more). On ELEVEN auctions he was second place. On one of his second place auctions he ran the auction up OVER $1600! And EVERY truck he won ended back up for auction a couple of months later. Somebody bidding on truck 4134 in event 3058 ought to be screaming to high heaven.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks