• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery cutoff switch

I remember reading somewhere about a cutoff switch to the batteries. Not a knife type but a dial/rotary type if possible.
If anyone has done it, is there a part number for such an animal?
I want to put one on my truck in the battery box and also install a locking mechanism on the battery cover door.
If someone has a trick way of locking up the battery box, I'd like info on that as well.

Thanks

Opie

Longhunter 7 had suggested the dial type to me, so he might have suggestions as to a manufacturer/part number. Mine's a knife switch from Advance Auto.

I've got a hole in the door of the toolbox on the driver's side which lets me put in a padlock to keep the door latch from opening. I'll take pics later today, but I expect the same is possible on the battery door.

Broiling in the mountains of Virginia,

DRat, I just noticed the last line of your Sig. Congratulations!!! That is a major accomplishment with a lot of hours put in.
Just think of all the spare time you are going to have to be able to play with your vehicles.
Are we all invited to the Commencement ceremonies??
I think we got us a convoy!

Desert Rat

Come one, come all!!! My presentation is at Oakland City University in the building just north of the School of Education building. I'll be in room 120A or 120B beginnig at 1250 on the 20th. Y'all are more than welcome! Bring the MVs! Believe me I can use all the moral support I can get! My program is scheduled to be about 30 minuets in length. I did a really cool project on pen pal writing between inner city and country students (some Amish sprinkled in for good measure). The results were quite a bit of fun to go over. Some of what the kids wrote was really hilarious!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't go to an institution of higher learning, something might rub off on me. Just call me Jethro!

blasini

Hi

I put a hella cut off switch on the dash. I took the high beam indicator off and put it on the lower left by the heater switch. The mounting hole (from the high beam indicator) fit perfect, And it has a plastic key. I have the ground cable hooked up to mine as well as a lock on the battery door. I hide the key on the frame rail of the truck.

SolarPowered

Like a few of you did. I went with a hella battery switch.
I mounted mine in the floor by the drivers seat, using the negative side of the battery.
A 1/2" knockout punch was the right size for the switch.
Also, I used a plastic cover off a tube of brazing rod (bought at Lowes)to cover the switch when the truck is parked. Added a small chain to the cover, so it won't get lost.

Pappa-G

Mine is a knife type. Not so much as an antitheft device but as a antidead battery device. I've been thinking of putting in a marine type selector switch and run another set of batteries for the rear and flame heater. That way I could run the one set down and not worry about not starting. :idea: I am gonna need more time for this "hobby".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you see the guy walking around with the dogbone cable in his back pocket, that would be me. I've got the cheapest cutoff on the web.

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to www.summintracing.com or jegs.com you'll find remote cutoffs there for racers. They are required at the track. There is a switch from Flaming River products with an 18" remote T-handle that would allow mounting insude the firewall and extending through the dash panel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks